News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

4rth of July Weekend Mountain Ride.

Started by klaviator, June 05, 2016, 04:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I have a kitchen pass for the weekend of the 4rth, Sat - Mon.  I will be heading for the mountains.  There are two rides I am considering.  I am up for either one depending on where the most interest is.

1.  N. GA dual sport ride based out of TWoS.  This ride would be adventure bike friendly but skid plates and somewhat dirtworthy tires recommended.  The ride to and from TWoS will be mostly street but Sunday will be as much dirt as possible.   I'd take my KLR on this. 

2.  Twisty as Hell mostly street ride out of Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.  This would be a longer ride and go through some of the best roads in the area.  Many of these roads have very light traffic even on holiday weekends.  There would be one or two dirt roads on the routes that can be done on street bikes.  If you think that Deal's Gap is a difficult road then this ride would not be for you.  I would take my Versys on this ride.

Both would be based at campgrounds but they do have lodging although it normally books way in advance. 

I will be leaving Huntsville Sat Morning.  It's about 230 miles to TWoS from Huntsville or 350 to BRMC. 

If you are interested in one of these rides let me know.  I'll pick one in the next week.

Muss

I'd be interested in dirt route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdtrull

I got 2 weeks at the end of June that goes through the weekend of the 4th.  I love DS even though they end up on the roads quite a bit....which I am just fine with.

klaviator

Quote from: kdtrull on June 05, 2016, 10:45:15 PM
I got 2 weeks at the end of June that goes through the weekend of the 4th.  I love DS even though they end up on the roads quite a bit....which I am just fine with.

So is that a vote for the N. GA dualsport route?

kdtrull

Quote from: klaviator on June 06, 2016, 06:56:35 AM
Quote from: kdtrull on June 05, 2016, 10:45:15 PM

So is that a vote for the N. GA dualsport route?

Well, last time you were pointing to DS roads and directions so fast I couldn't process them all....so yep, I'd love the grand tour.  Don't get me wrong though....I'd grin 'til my Jowls hurt on the road too.  ;D

klaviator

OK, dual sporting in N. GA it is