News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Post Your Ride Videos

Started by Nice Goat, September 14, 2015, 01:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

From the way back machine, pictures n stuff from the March 09 2013 Gymkhana;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

Another old Gymkhana video...that black Goldwing was a killing it.

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

After party thingy for the Gymkhana /\.

Man, y'all looked sooo much younger back then! Me? I haven't changed 1 bit... :D

springer

And yet another old Gymkhana... pulled from the dustbin of history;

springer

Video of some the ride down to Purcell Farms to get the tag.

Hopefully I will be working on a video to place the tag tomorrow or Wednesday...depends on when I get out of the DR. office. 

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

2smoke

Escaped encounters with reptiles and mountain lions! Vid speed slowed so the eye can see!  :D

springer

My father retired out of the military in 1974. He went in in 1938 and with a few breaks, served in the Army, Army Air Corp, and Air Force. He was a W.W.II, Korea, Vietnam vet. We wound up in Fairfield because he got a job @U,S,Steel. It was a decent place to live but since has fallen on hard times. In some places, really hard times. Burnt out houses, abandon houses, it has more than a few. Glen Oaks, Fair Oaks were sort of like different suburbs to Fairfield. We all went to High School together.
Downtown, when we moved there, had 3 different movie houses, 4 hardware stores, 4 restaurants, 2 butcher shops, 1 place that sold fresh butchered chicken, and 1 seafood shop that sold fresh fish from the gulf that was trucked in every 2 days.

But that was then, this is now, and the times did change.  :(

This is a video I took riding around the neighborhoods. Some areas look okay, others...not so much. It is sort of long, I apologize.

Music is by Mickey Hart, drummer for the Grateful Dead from his album/C.D. Planet Drum.  ;)

gulfcoaster

Loved the video.  Both of my parents grew up in that area(Midfield).  The stories my dad tells about his childhood make the area sound amazing.  Now, not so much.  My grandmother still attends Fairfield Highlands Baptist, and I go with her occasionally.  Sad to see how bad that area is now.  But hey, if Avondale can be revitalized then maybe there's still a chance.

2smoke

Sometimes it really pays to stop and take a look first  ???

springer

My ride up to Sipsey to grab the tag;

Original music by Blaze Foley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaze_Foley

Give me a day or two and the tag will be placed.  ;)

springer

Video of riding to place the tag today.

Music is by a local group from the 2000's, Roll'en in the Hay.

kdtrull

That is a nice, smooth camera you got there!  Pretty amazing they can do that much processing on the fly....appears to be entirely stabilized in software.  Maybe time to upgrade mine around Christmas or so.  ;D

Nice Goat

My videos from our trip to Colorado in July 2018:

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Fencejumper09

Video of the first half of the Tennessee Knockout! Forgot to record the rest!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332