News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on January 20, 2017, 04:00:43 PM
.  Anyone know of any conflicts in March or have any suggestions?

March Moto Madness March 30-April 2.....

Nice Goat

My Versys 1000 is due for checking the valve clearances and replacing all the brake fluid.  It's easier to get the valve cover off if you remove some coolant hoses, so it'll get a coolant flush also.

I normally like to do my own maintenance, but with all the stuff I have going on right now, I'm going to let Allsport's service department take care of it for me.  I'll take V1Kky to them early this week.  I'm sure they'll take care of her.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I took my V650 there a week or so ago.  They checked the valves, all in spec, changed the plugs and synced the throttle bodies.  This is a good time of year to get stuff done since they aren't real busy like most of the year. 

Nice Goat

Thanks for reminding me.  I'll go ahead and have them replace plugs, sync throttle bodies, and check my idle speed as well.

Nice Goat

Got the bike back from Allsport on Friday.  All the valves were in spec, and they gave me a report of all the clearances.  They said that the throttle bodies were just a tad out of sync, but not too bad.  New spark plugs and new brake fluid also.  I thought that the price was very reasonable for the amount of work that they did.

Took it for a nice little 80 mile loop on the way home.  My "butt dyno" noticed a slightly more responsive character from the bike.  No issues with the work they did.  Ashley, the service manager, said that he rarely sees new bikes needing valve adjustments before 50k miles, so the Versys should be good to go for another 2-3 years. 

klaviator

If the valves didn't move in the first 15K miles they should be good for a long time.  I'm not going to get my valves checked at 30K.  Maybe 40 or 50K.  I feel confident in their service department as well.  I think Steve is pretty picky about who he hires.

yamahamer

They have a 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere That's calling my name. Just need to sell a few first and see if they can mark it down some.  ;D

Campbell92

I work at Allsport. The Tenere is quite possibly my favorite bike. It is a tad bit large for me, but that's why I have the ol' xt 600. I really hope they bring in that 700 model to the US. Yamaha seems to be missing a major mark when it comes to competing against the KLR, the Versys, and numerous other 500-700 cc bikes out on the market. I REALLY hope they bring that bike here.
As it goes for the Tenere come on by and I can help you out or give me a call Id love to see it be ridden and written about here on bama rides. The bike is incredible. Steve as well as one of our mechanics have/had one. They love the handling and the power as well as the classic Yamaha look.
I myself hope to start writing about different bikes I ride that come through the shop. Once it gets warmer of course. BRING ON BIKE SEASON!!

Quote from: yamahamer on February 12, 2017, 08:45:59 PM
They have a 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere That's calling my name. Just need to sell a few first and see if they can mark it down some.  ;D

yamahamer

Can't say enough about these guys. I went in with a number that I was willing to pay and they were within $200.00 on the first hit, so I bought it. Easy to work with, fair pricing, and just down right great people.

Thanks Allsport.

klaviator

merc16

Justin

Campbell92

Quote from: yamahamer on March 03, 2017, 07:39:17 PM
Can't say enough about these guys. I went in with a number that I was willing to pay and they were within $200.00 on the first hit, so I bought it. Easy to work with, fair pricing, and just down right great people.

Thanks Allsport.

So glad we were able to hook you up. Love the FZ-09s you traded in. Our tech Bobby is possibly going to buy the gray one. You came in with the fever and now its spreading haha. Let me know if you need anything, I'll be happy to do all I can for ya!

Nice Goat

Going on vacation with the family this week, so I dropped off the GoldWing this morning for some overdue fluids changes (brake, clutch lever, coolant) and a new air filter.  Always enjoy chatting with the team and checking out the floor stock.  They've got some good deals right now on new leftovers...

merc16

Another Allsport sell ! I'd like to thank everyone there from sales, parts/service to financing. Allsport could teach classes to other dealerships on how to run a motorcycle business. Thanks !!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

Campbell92

Quote from: merc16 on August 05, 2017, 06:54:18 AM
Another Allsport sell ! I'd like to thank everyone there from sales, parts/service to financing. Allsport could teach classes to other dealerships on how to run a motorcycle business. Thanks !!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Glad you like it! We love the Z125s, that new color is slick! Spread the word and send some folks our way!