News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merc16

That's what I like about that dealership, such a great atmosphere.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

klaviator

The speedo cable on my KLR boke on the Free State ride so I called Allsport and ordered a new one.  Normally I talk to Ben but I got someone I didn't know this time.

A few days later I got a call that it was in.  Saturday I rode over to pick it up.  When I walked in the door I ran into Seth so we talked bikes for a bit.  When I finally went back to the parts counter Ben had my cable in hand AND gave me a discount.

Allsport will continue to get my business.  They are always a pleasure to do business with.

klaviator

Stopped by Allsport today and checked out the new RE twins.

It was good to see that they are making good use of the Motorcycle Alabama stickers!

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

Quote from: TWJohn on May 21, 2019, 11:36:43 AM
Did you ride one yet?

The one outside was prepped but I didn't ask to ride it. 

Hammerdown77

I think they'd already sold the silver one, which is why it would be prepped. Seth said they'd be getting in a bike designated for demo rides soon, though.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Campbell92

We just fixed our order for our next batch of bikes. They did not have some of the colors available that we had requested. We should be seeing them soon. We plan to hold an event if anyone is interested.

Hammerdown77

Sounds like a great idea, I think you'd have a good amount of participation from the Madison Moto and NAVMC groups as well.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Campbell92

THE BIKES ARE IN!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport today.  No particular reason.  Just looking around.  I talked to Sett for a while.  Motorcycle sales are slow right now.  They had a lot of bikes marked down at or below cost.  If you are looking to buy this is a good time.

It also looks like they will be a Triumph dealer again soon.  That's good news for the Triumph fans in this area.

Now I just need to sell my KLR to take advantage of those sales ;)

Scooter

I really Hope the Triumph Dealer part comes about. This is the first I have heard of this, but does seem Triumph is trying harder to work with folks, than in the past few years. They have a great motorcycle, but without dealers, many will walk away and make other choices without a dealer somewhere close by. We really need a dealer in Alabama!
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

scott59

Quote from: Scooter on July 24, 2019, 05:35:15 PM
I really Hope the Triumph Dealer part comes about. This is the first I have heard of this, but does seem Triumph is trying harder to work with folks, than in the past few years. They have a great motorcycle, but without dealers, many will walk away and make other choices without a dealer somewhere close by. We really need a dealer in Alabama!

i second this, have owned several Triumphs, nearest dealer to me now is in Chattanooga

klaviator

Seth seemed to think this will happen soon.

norton73

I thought Freedom in Huntsville was a Triumph dealer?

I was working for a multi line dealer in MD before I moved to AL in 2004. They dropped Triumph in 2000 or so because Triumph had dropped the MSRP on their bikes to below dealer cost on the previous year's bikes. All the other manufacturers would give dealers rebates on older stock, and if they dropped MSRP, they would do the same. Triumph, however,wouldn't give any rebates, leaving this dealership with bikes that they were gonna lose money on with every sale.  This dealership was the first in the US to sign up for a Triumph dealership when they made their comeback. The owner was a serious motorcycle enthusiast and really loved Euro bikes.   

I believe they still have a couple late '90s Triumphs in crates back in the warehouse. Hopefully Triumph treats it's dealers better now.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

Allsport used to be a triumph dealer but dropped them due to ridiculous demands.  Then freedom became a triumph dealer but that only lasted about a year.