News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I rode over to Allsport today.  There seems to be a lot of people out there lately looking for TW200s so I'll start with this:

I talked to Steve.  They are getting more inventory but it doesn't last as sales are still strong.

Of course being a scooter guy I noticed that they had some scooters.  They had a new Xmax which I would buy in a hearbeat if I needed to replace my Majesty.

They had a couple of Royal Alloy 150s

They had some of these new Royal Enfield 350s

They had more riding gear than they normally have but Ben told me the distributers of this stuff are really low on stock.  I never heard of this brand but liked the gloves.

They are now carrying E bikes.  This one folds up.

klaviator

Allsport had a customer appreciation day today.  I set up a ride from SE Huntsville to Allsport via back roads.  The ride report is here:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=4281.0

I ended up spending over three hours there and had a great time.  Besides talking to some old friends I met a few new ones.  I also got to spend some time talking to the staff there.  They have a few new faces there and they were all a pleasure to talk to. 

Madmanmike

Bought my Tiger about 2 months ago, 3700 miles on the clock. Got the service light this month for 12 month service required. Made an appt for this morning. Got there just before 9am, Ashley took it right away. Finished and riding out at 11am. Oil/filter changed. Topped off all fluids, checked all systems, did an ECU update. I will start doing my own maintenance from now on, but I figured since it was new to me, it was worth having a pro check everything the first time. 

Happy with the quick turnaround. Expensive, but everything is nowadays.

Would definitely recommend those guys for service.

Nice Goat

Called them about two weeks ago to install new tires on the scooter.  Took it to them late in the day, and it was ready the next day, as promised.  I wouldn't trust anybody else in North Alabama to work on my two-wheeled vehicles.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

N4HHE

Quote from: Nice Goat on September 09, 2021, 05:23:10 PM
Called them about two weeks ago to install new tires on the scooter.  Took it to them late in the day, and it was ready the next day, as promised.  I wouldn't trust anybody else in North Alabama to work on my two-wheeled vehicles.
Last Friday I mounted the 12th front tire on the Yamaha I bought from them just over 5 years ago. Would have to find a cheaper pastime if I had to pay shop rates to do that. Can have the wheel off, tire mounted, wheel installed, and tools put away in less time than it takes to ride there and back.

Meanwhile have been waiting for them to schedule the transmission replacement Yamaha recalled in January. Is a 14 hour job according to Yamaha. Mine alone will bring all service work to a halt for 2 days.

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: N4HHE on September 11, 2021, 12:05:02 AM
Last Friday I mounted the 12th front tire on the Yamaha I bought from them just over 5 years ago. Would have to find a cheaper pastime if I had to pay shop rates to do that. Can have the wheel off, tire mounted, wheel installed, and tools put away in less time than it takes to ride there and back.

Meanwhile have been waiting for them to schedule the transmission replacement Yamaha recalled in January. Is a 14 hour job according to Yamaha. Mine alone will bring all service work to a halt for 2 days.

12 front tires and still running the original rear?  WOW!   :P :D  Doing a lot of stoppies? 
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

Nice Goat

I normally mount my own tires on motorcycles, but this is my first scooter... and I didn't feel like messing with it.

N4HHE

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on September 14, 2021, 07:45:33 AM
12 front tires and still running the original rear?  WOW!   :P :D  Doing a lot of stoppies?
Only 11 on the rear. Had 1 with a leak I couldn't fix and 2 others were great disappointments. Normally average 5 fronts to 4 rears.

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport today.  I needed some street riding boots and the had some killer deals on their Noru riding gear so I figured I would take a look.  I found a pair of reasonably tall waterproof riding boots and practically stole them for the price I got them for.  If you need boots or gloves they have a good selection.

I also noticed their inventory of new bikes is up.  They had 3 Himalayans and two KLR650s.  They had other bikes as well but these days most people seem to be looking for dual sport bikes.

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport today.  The showroom seemed pretty full.

Despite all the bikes they didn't have that many Japanese bikes.  Without Triumph and Royal Enfield the showroom would be pretty empty.  I talked to both Nina and Dean.  They are not getting that many Kawasaki's and Yamaha's.  Nina did mention getting a KLX300 but it wasn't on the floor yet.  If you are looking for one don't wait.  Freedom had one in stock a few days ago but we all know where you will get a better deal.

Merkur Man

It looks like they have both of the "touring" versions of the new KLR 650. I see one with a top box and one with just the saddlebags.
I personally like the color of the base model. The Pearl Sand Khaki.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

klaviator

Quote from: Merkur Man on December 01, 2021, 06:48:52 PM
It looks like they have both of the "touring" versions of the new KLR 650. I see one with a top box and one with just the saddlebags.
I personally like the color of the base model. The Pearl Sand Khaki.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

They had three KLR's.  On with bags, one with top box and one without either.  The one with bags had a sold sign on it.

Nice Goat

Talked to Dean today.  All Sport is planning to have a Customer Appreciation Day in May, possibly May 14th or May 21st.  There will be refreshments, possibly burgers, dogs, sodas, etc.