News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

Nice group of folks.  Steve, Dean, Dawn, and the rest of the gang are always friendly, helpful, and willing to just stand around and chat for as long as you want.  The occasional open house cookouts are nice also.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

So, I went by there again today.  I've been back a couple of times since the last cookout, checking out a leftover 2015 KLR650.  I've been on the fence about buying it, but this time, Dean and Steve made me an offer that I could not refuse.

Meet my new handyman, Mr. Greenjeans.

klaviator

Congrats!  Now be careful.  Those KLRs are beasts that will wheelie at the twitch of your wrist.......just ask kdtrull ;)

Chitza

Woohoo, Mr. Goat!! Excited for you! And that looks very nice!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Jwwr

Nice! Good to see you back on a dual sport!

kdtrull

Yahoooo!  I was all around your back yard today...thought about you and how long until you get another one.
So...where we going tomorrow?  ;D

That is a great color combo, BTW.  I like it better than the green 2008's.  The green/silver just didn't look as good.

Chuck A.

Kool! I sat on that bike a week ago last Thursday. My legs are to short for it but dang did that Kaw 1700 dresser feel good.

Looks great! Enjoy it and remember, only you can prevent those wheelies! :o
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

OK, knucklehead....are we gonna' have to wait until every available option is installed and calibrated or can you just give us a sneak peak or two of the bike in action.  It's been a WHOLE day already.....what gives?  You should have a 4-page ride report posted by now....WTF...over?

Shepcam

Mr.Greenjeans is a tainted name!!!!!!!! Foe those of you who know the know :-X
2013 Kawasaki Concours

Shepcam

2013 Kawasaki Concours

Nice Goat

Quote from: kdtrull on June 12, 2016, 08:33:49 PM
OK, knucklehead....are we gonna' have to wait until every available option is installed and calibrated or can you just give us a sneak peak or two of the bike in action.  It's been a WHOLE day already.....what gives?  You should have a 4-page ride report posted by now....WTF...over?

Ha ha!  Mrs. Goat and I did 160 miles today ... on the Versys.   Went all over Sand Mtn, Chandler Mtn, Tumlin Gap, then over to Guntersville for late lunch at Wintzell's.  I tried to talk her into riding the KLR with me, but she wanted comfort today.  I'll get her on the KLR soon though, maybe next weekend.

lazeebum

Nice bike! But I don't blame you for hauling your bride on the comfortable bike. I have talked my wife into riding on the KLR a couple of times, but she ain't sold on the idea of taking a long trip yet.

mojo1

Ha ha!  Mrs. Goat and I did 160 miles today ... on the Versys.   Went all over Sand Mtn, Chandler Mtn, Tumlin Gap, then over to Guntersville for late lunch at Wintzell's.  I tried to talk her into riding the KLR with me, but she wanted comfort today.  I'll get her on the KLR soon though, maybe next weekend.

At least she will ride with you. Doesn't matter what kind of bike I have my wife will not get on the back of it. She says one of us (her) has to take care of the other if something happens. It has happened in the past and she took good care of me.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

merc16

Congratulations on the KLR ! That is a good dealership. I bought my FZ-07 from there.
Justin

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport today and talked to Steve, Dean and some of the other guys.  Steve asked about a good time to have another Bamarides appreciation day with some free food.  I told him probably March would be good.  Anyone know of any conflicts in March or have any suggestions?

I also got to take their Smax for a short spin.  This is a scooter I'm considering so I really appreciated being able to take it for a spin.  How many dealers out there still allow test rides?   

I'll do a separate thread on my impressions of this scooter.