News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Sometimes it pays to listen to suggestions.

Started by Crandon, June 13, 2016, 09:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crandon

Got up yesterday knowing that I had a trip after church.  While getting dressed my wife informed me that there was a 50% chance of rain, so I told her "Good - that means that there is a 50% chance that it won't".  I thought that I was being funny and she said "I just wanted you to know so that you make sure to take your rain gear".  Not long later I received a call and a friend of mine wanted to know if I minded if he rode along with me and also what time I was leaving.  Told him that I would get out of church around 12:15 – 12:30 and could me him on the way. 

Left church a little after 12:00 and decided to blow my diet and stop at McDonald's for a burger since it was part of the "Bluesman" Challenge.

Since time was tight, we took the shortest route to our destination. (I-565, 31S, 24W, and 157N). Got to the meeting and only got sprinkled on for the last half mile.  Grab the picture of the white Harley while waiting on others to arrive.

During the meeting it began to rain and we all got a good laugh because one of the guys had made a comment earlier that they were moving their helmet to the picnic table under the overhead awning and I told them that my helmet would be o.k. since the right side was up, unnoticed by them I had moved my helmet inside the door.  Well the rain was blowing so hard that a few of the helmets on the picnic table were wet when we went back outside. 

Getting ready to leave the radar was showing that the rain was tracking the direction that we wanted to go.  A few guys went and got their raingear to put on and I was just standing there and Doc wanted to know if I had raingear.  And the words of my wife popped into my head  "I just wanted you to know so that you make sure to take your rain gear",  I told him that I did and he told me to hurry and get it on because they were heading toward Arab.  I said "Well....... my raingear is at the house".  So they headed toward Arab and a few of us headed up Hwy 101 toward Town Creek.  It had slowed to a nice easy rain and I only had to ride in it long enough to get the front part of my legs wet, then it stopped raining and we managed to stay dry the rest of the afternoon. 

Nice afternoon ride about 160 miles or so.  Had plans to stop in Decatur for a few more pictures to add to the "Bluesman" challenge but the rain changed those plans. Now I have an excuse to take off work early, got to get those pictures plus I would rather be out riding than at my desk looking out the window.

gene46

Great story! I had a similar experience Saturday. A 10%  chance of rain and I had about 9 hours of running around to do, and 250 miles of driving. I decided to take the bike. It was a beautiful day and some relaxing riding. About 30 miles from home I ran into a thunder/lightening storm. I stopped at probably the worst McD's in AL (Snead, AL) and got caught up on phone calls for about 45 minutes. Running out of daylight I threw on the rain jacket and rode through it. I still made it home with a smile on my face!

Guidedawg

Quote from: Crandon on June 13, 2016, 09:35:27 AMdecided to blow my diet and stop at McDonald's for a burger since it was part of the "Bluesman" Challenge..

It's the least you can do.  I plan to do the same in his honor. (Okay, I'm not going to eat a salad though I will get a photo)

Crandon

Quote from: Guidedawg on June 13, 2016, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: Crandon on June 13, 2016, 09:35:27 AMdecided to blow my diet and stop at McDonald's for a burger since it was part of the "Bluesman" Challenge..

It's the least you can do.  I plan to do the same in his honor. (Okay, I'm not going to eat a salad though I will get a photo)

As of last Friday, I have lost 74 pounds this year.  Feels great.  My next goal is at 105 lbs.  With final goal between 115 and 130 lbs.

lazeebum

I like the ice cream cones at McDonald's. And don't you just love it when your spouse is right?