News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

4rth of July Dual Sport Weekend

Started by klaviator, June 14, 2016, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

I'll be heading to Two Wheels of Suches for the 4rth of July Weekend for some dual sport riding in the Chattahoochee National Forest.  I'll be leaving Huntsville Saturday morning (July 2nd) and riding to Suches.  Sunday will be a dual sport day and then return home Monday.

For anyone wanting to come along, we can meet in Gurley, Scottsboro, Hammondville or possibly further East.  Or you could meet me at TWoS.  This ride should be OK for larger bikes but I highly recommend a good skid plate.   

Most likely the lodging at Two Wheels of Suches will be sold out well in advance.  I will be camping.  There are cabins and motels in the area as well. 

One reason I picked Suches, in addition to the great riding, is that the high elevation keeps it comfortable even in the heat of summer. 

Anyone interested post up and I'll coordinate meeting places and times. 

kdtrull

I'm in....although, unless you got a flux capacitor, we'll never make it by June 2nd.  ;D

Muss

I'm in. I'll be trailering my bike out there. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

Quote from: kdtrull on June 14, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
I'm in....although, unless you got a flux capacitor, we'll never make it by Jul 2nd.  ;D

I do know a flux capacitor.....He's an inmate on ADV 8)

OK, I fixed it.

Yankee Dog

The missus and I already have reservations at the Farmhouse Inn in Tellico.  Maybe we will see you in on the trails. 

Jwwr

I'm in! Been wanting to ride this area for a while!

Muss

I'm probably going to head up Friday   I have to be back Sunday night. I'll link up w/ y'all wherever you start point is Saturday

klaviator

Quote from: Muss on June 16, 2016, 10:35:49 AM
I'm probably going to head up Friday   I have to be back Sunday night. I'll link up w/ y'all wherever you start point is Saturday

Saturday will mainly be ride to TWoS and set up camp.  Not sure yet if the route will go to Cisco and then through the Cohuttas or stay paved until closer to Suches.  The main ride will be Sunday.

Al Goodwin

HEY, HEY....I'm off work the 1st-4th....but I may need to skip anyway, dang >:(, that's some good riding up there.

We're leaving the 9th for Alaska.....I'll keep an eye on this, maybe we can make it,.

Muss

Ok so I'm going to go up camp somewhere Friday night ride Saturday so lemme know where we'll be camping so I can figure out good ride Saturday

klaviator

We'll be camping at Two Wheels of Suches.  There is good riding all around there. 

kdtrull

Meet you at TWoS Saturday.  I'm leaving out Thursday to explore Tellico area.

Muss

I'm afraid I'm not gonna make it this weekend. Surprise visit by relatives.  Y'all enjoy.

Jwwr

I'm still planning on going! Just let me know where to meet.  ;D

klaviator

Quote from: Jwwr on June 30, 2016, 06:45:02 PM
I'm still planning on going! Just let me know where to meet.  ;D

Are you riding to TWoS or hauling your bike there?