News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Keeping cool?

Started by Guidedawg, June 27, 2016, 03:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

I had purchased my daughter a Frogg Toggs's cooling towel for cheer camp a few years ago and tried to find it before going out for several hours in triple digit heat indexes.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it.

I may be traveling longer this weekend and wanted to ask for recommendations on any of the cooling towel or other products.  With free 2 day shipping with Amazon, I still have a day or two ;)

klaviator

Get a cooling vest.  Cycle gear has them for around 35 or 40 bucks.  The cooling towels work pretty good as well but don't cover as large of an area as the vest.  I have, when it's really hot used both a vest and towel wrapped around my neck.  Of course a camelbak filled with icewater is a great thing to have as well.

lastparrot

If I am riding in 90 plus I usually us ldcomfort long sleeve shirts.  Pretty cool stuff if you wear a jacket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

springer

I would say a Camelback would be my first choice.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

01YZF6

Walmart sells the Ozark trail version for $3-5.  They work ok.

Crandon

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Mission-Blue-Polyester-Cooling-Towel/50159263

Check out the Mission Cooling items at Lowe's.  Had one of these in the bright yellow and loaned it out and never seen it again.  Went in the other night and they only had colors that I wasn't interested in buying.  I am going this afternoon and looking here in Colorado Springs to see if they Lowe's here has them in a color suitable for me.

Slede

I've got one laying the floorboard of my truck that I was given last year at work, never took it out of the package, it's orange.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.