News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

July 4 around Tellico

Started by Gam, July 05, 2016, 05:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Easy paced weekend near Tellico. Camp was about 11 miles up this road northeast of Tellico.

Nice secluded spot, not many  people travel this road, it can be hard to find a campsite around tellico on Saturday of a holiday weekend.

No neck deep water crossings, no death hills, just poking along seeing what we could see. I got on the throttle twice, once to chase low flying turkies down the road and the other time to get to Lost Creek so I could shuck off the gear and get in the creek. We rode the usual stuff, Starr Mountain, Lost Creek/Mcfarland, Shuler Creek, Joe Brown. We would have probably ridden less but Tellico doesn't sell beer until 1:00 p.m. on Sunday.

No we didn't

Overlook on Starr Mountain. This on a nasty little 75 yard road off the main road.

This cemetery is near trail 81, it's up on a ridge and the graves are on each side of this single track trail, the ridge is narrow and the graves are only one or two deep. Most of the people were born in the 1800's and early 1900's.

Steaks on the Grilliputs

played a little..don't ask me, I just know it takes an iphone and blue tooth speaker. Headed home Monday morning.

lazeebum

I love the Tellico Plains area. You went some places I haven't been to yet. Guess I better get to planning. Thanks for sharing.

kdtrull

Same here....thanks for sharing.  It was hot but, still a great weekend to ride.

Yankee Dog

Holy poop batman.  I am surprised we did not run into each other. 

kdtrull

Quote from: Yankee Dog on July 05, 2016, 08:30:03 PM
Holy poop batman.  I am surprised we did not run into each other. 

That does look like where the truck was that we had to negotiate to get back from the cemetery road.  I remember a proud, oepn-carry driver being there.
He made sure everyone had a chance to see the Rosco.

Yankee Dog

Well.  We were an unsavory lot.  I must say.