News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

First time back in the dirt in over a decade

Started by IceCold4x4, July 07, 2016, 12:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

Well bblass has been harrassing me for a while now to get a dirt bike. I've been nixing the idea since I remember how often I would hurt myself when I was a teen with my friends and family members bikes (specifically a 2 stroke 125 when i was probably 13). So he was gracious enough to let me borrow his TTR 225 and off we went. David joined us with his KTM 690 Enduro (nice bike btw) and Ben on his "trusty" TTR 250. Guess this was the first proper test of my go pro plus sena backpac and it did ok. Got about 2 hours of footage and managed to slim it down to just under 40 minutes. I'm not a great editor but there's music and some kinda funny stuff. The video will be posted below. There are some fails both mine and Ben's don't think I saw or caught David screwing anything up.

But after all that I do remember how much I enjoy riding dirt. Hopefully I didn't slow those two down too much, and if I did I'm blaming the under-powered TTR225 (or maybe i'm just too much awesome for that bike...) Had a great time out at Stoney Lonesome OHV park. The dust was ridiculous and I'm not sure if i'll ever get the dust out of my helmet. I guess since I've been riding pretty much full time for close to 2 years now that it made the transition back to dirt easy it seemed.

So who's got a cheap dirtbike?

Fencejumper09

Good ride!

You handled that beast like a real expert!

Maybe next time we will be able to find the single track!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Glad you were able to join us and looking forward to doing it again soon!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

ironblood45

Looked like fun. I've never been to stoney lonesome but I've been past it on 69 several times. Pretty area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceCold4x4

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on July 07, 2016, 08:21:53 AM
Good ride!

You handled that beast like a real expert!

Maybe next time we will be able to find the single track!

Well we would have found it this time had Bens bike not decided to ingest dirt into the carb...

2smoke

Great job! I can relate to the hiatus! Mine lasted 40 years  :o  BTW, I have been much happier after removing my shield and wearing goggles.

IceCold4x4

Quote from: 2smoke on July 07, 2016, 12:50:35 PM
Great job! I can relate to the hiatus! Mine lasted 40 years  :o  BTW, I have been much happier after removing my shield and wearing goggles.

I'll probably do that once I get a dirt bike for myself. The shield actually helped so I didn't breath in as much of that dust. I did the goggle thing back when I had 3 wheelers never was a huge fan of them. But they do have their uses and moments.