News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Alexander City July 29th and 30th

Started by Chuck & Susan, July 22, 2016, 05:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VWCarlos

Spectre is right down the street from where we met last week actually... It's just on the other side of the interstate from Prattville.

If we are to be in Alex City by 0830 then we will need to leave Montgomery no later than 0715. So for anyone meeting us in Montgomery be at the Waffle House by lagoon park at 0700 with a KSU time of 0715. That should put us at the Huddle House by 0830. Let's say a KSU time there of 0845. We should have time to ride the scenic highway and be back in Ashland by 1100 in time for some lunch. Then we can make our way back to town by early afternoon... Which is cool with me as there is a VW show at the farmers market I would like to swing by and see some of my VW friends. Sounds like an awesome day of motorcycles and VWs for me!!
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

VWCarlos

Just to clear things up and make it easy on the eyes...

Montgomery Meeting Spot: Waffle House, 2635 Cong W L Dickinson Drive, Montgomery, AL 36109
Meet time: 0700
KSU: 0715

Alexander City Meeting Spot: Huddle House, 4727 U.S. 280, Alexander City, AL 35010
Meeting Time: 0815
KSU: 0830

Route link: https://goo.gl/maps/B6MpDPwJy8N2

Milage: 204 miles Round trip from Montgomery and back
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Chuck & Susan

It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Ok this is not really a ride report but let me fill everyone in on my day riding. I left the hotel this morning with the idea of no idea... lol... Yep that's right. No plan, No cell phone, No Garmin, Nothing but me, my helmet, and a 31 yr old Gold Wing that only has lights and ignition for electronics. I did't even use the electronic debit card for fuel. Belive it or not they still take cash at stores. So I headed out for the area of Lake Martin. Seems I may have went around it. Really not sure. Remember I have never been in this area and know nothing of it. I was taking mostly paved roads that didn't even have a painted strip on them. I think I went thru several counties on my journey to get lost. I kinda figured out where I was when I came into Goodwater. At that point I knew I was getting into Tomorrows ride with Guidedawg and VWCarlos. So I followed the sine pointing to Alexander City and came on back to the hotel. Ever seen the movie Easy Rider? Kinda along those lines. I totally disconnected from the electronic world and just enjoyed the ride. not caring where I was or where I was going. Yes it was a AWESOME day. Looking forward to the ride tomorrow. See ya in the morning!!
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Guidedawg

The getting out sounds fun in itself, but there are some nice views of the lake around there also.  Tomorrow's ride will center a bit more on the Mt. Cheaha area but will definitely give things to see.

And we'll see you there!

mojo1

I will meet y'all at the Huddle House in Alexander.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

mojo1

Enjoyed meeting and riding with y'all today. I will post up a video of the ride in the photo/video section.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

VWCarlos

I had a good time too... It was a fun ride on some good roads.

I was a little late getting to the Waffle House as Guidedawg was waiting when I got there. We left out and had nice ride up to Alexander City by riding through the Kowaliga area of lake Martin. Met up with Cam andMojo at the Huddle House. It was good to see Cam again and to meet the tag master Mojo. We left out and I missed the first turn... Doh! We got back on track and handed north. Once we got on 49 north of Lineville the roads got curvy. We headed up to Abel to jump on the skyway. After a break at the state park we headed back south down the mountain. Just out of north of Ashland we ran into some rain but ended up riding out of it pretty quickly. Cam and Mojo pulled off on 281 back to their destinations before I could pull over so with a quick wave we parted ways. In Equality Guidedawg and I took separate routes as well. I stopped off at a friends place and Guidedawg headed home. On the way back in I also stopped off at Fort Toulose in Wetumpka to visit with all my VW friends that were there for the show. That night the wife and I took the bike to the Biscuits baseball game. So in one day I got to enjoy three of my favorite things... That is what I call a good day!
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

VWCarlos

The only pics I took...  I got to get better at taking more pictures.

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Chuck & Susan

I enjoyed the ride as well.  I rode home today in time to cut the grass.  It is back to work tomorrow.  Thanks everyone for a great ride.

See you again soon.

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066