News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Motorcycle Shippers?

Started by KevinB, August 03, 2016, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

I believe there was a thread on the old forum with recommendations and info on motorcycle shippers.

Anyone have any experience or advice?

Anyone headed to Colorado Springs in the near future with an empty truck?

Fencejumper09

You need someone to fly and ride?  ;D
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

KevinB

If you don't mind 1300 miles on a 450 dirt bike.  :)

Fencejumper09

Haha I should have known it would be a dirt bike after selling the 200!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

Check into this place. I have no idea if it's a quality service or not.

https://www.uship.com/
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

lk2rd

I have used Uship to send a bike to  Austin, Texas.  It was only $300.  Uship is mainly independent shippers that are just trying to pick up extra cash when they can pick up a job going about were they are already headed. and it works on a bid process. The longer you can hold out and reject bids, the cheaper the price will be.  Also the more fexible you can be helps with the price.  The shipper that took my bike was a small statured, one armed lady in a F250 diesel with a pimped out horse trailer with a tack room.  There were two donkeys, a horse and a miniture horse in the trailer.  My bike went in the tack room.  The guy on the receiving end was a little piss ed because he had to help unload the bike.   Not exactly full service but, he did save around $300.

KevinB

Looks like I may have lost out on the one in CO, but there will be another one somewhere. Thanks for the recommendations.

Yankee Dog

Good deals go fast.  He who hesitates is lost. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthew.j.riley1

I've used uship several times with good results. I would definitely use them again.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

KevinB

Quote from: Yankee Dog on August 04, 2016, 10:39:34 AM
Good deals go fast.  He who hesitates is lost. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That,  or the seller ignores your PM's of "Tell me where to send the money!".  :)

There was a tagged '05 KTM 450EXC listed on ADV for $2k...someone got a steal yesterday.

Magoo

I am considering an August 15th trip to Canon City, Colorado, for the XR1200 Owners Group National Ride. If I go I will be pulling a 3 rail trailer and will only have two bikes on board. I don't know where Colorado Springs is relative to Canon City but I'd be happy help if I go. I havent been very active on this forum since the crash but Springer can verify I'm a real person :) ..... of course you'd have to believe Springer for that to work.... :)

LRobinson

Quote from: Magoo on August 04, 2016, 01:01:32 PM

...... I havent been very active on this forum since the crash but Springer can verify I'm a real person :) ..... of course you'd have to believe Springer for that to work.... :)

I can verify too.   Met him and some others XROG folks at the Oak Park inn a couple of years back.   :)

terryrussell1

I was for sure it was you that bought that bike. As soon as you told him you were interested he said sale pending.  Oh well good deals will come again hopefully closer than Co.