News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2016 Motorcycle Cannonball Stop in Dodge City, KS

Started by renchinrider, August 10, 2016, 10:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hello, Everyone

Wonder if anyone is interested in riding from Huntsville to Dodge City, KS to see the participants in the 2016 Motorcycle Cannonball (http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com)?

This year, the participants are riding 100+ year-old motorcycles from Atlantic City, NJ to Carlsbad, CA.  They'll arrive in Dodge City on Sep 17, and will take their rest/maintenance day there on the 18th.

I'm planning to depart Huntsville Sep 16th, arrive Dodge City to watch the riders arrive on Sep 17th, peruse the maintenance sites on the 18th, then depart Dodge City the morning of Sep 19th, arriving back in Huntsville the evening of Sep 20th.

If anyone's interested, I have route, lodging, etc information.  I worked with the support staff during the 2014 MC Cannonball (all bikes pre-1937), and it was just incredible.  I'm guessing this year's event will be the largest gathering of operational pre-1917 motorcycles that will ever happen again.

Please let me know if you're interested, and I'll email you my travel itinerary and lodging info.

Rench
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Nice Goat

I'd like to see this someday.  Can't do it this year though.  Have fun and share some photos when you get back!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

renchinrider

Hey All,

I have learned that one of this year's Motorcycle Cannonball riders hails from Huntsville.  His name is Erik Bahl, and he has his own website (http://cannonbahl.com).  He'll be riding a 1915 Harley.

I look forward to seeing him when he rolls into Dodge City on Sep 17th!

If any of y'all want to ride to Dodge City with me, let me know.  I don't know how much longer rooms will be available.  I had to make a few calls before locking in a room reservation.

Rench
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!