News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Summer '17, Nova Scotia

Started by Al Goodwin, August 14, 2016, 10:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Thanks for the update, Al!  I'm holding space in my summer calendar for this ride.  Please let me/us know as you firm up dates for the trip!
One question:  I know passports are required for the border crossing, but is there any special paperwork required for motorcycles?

Thanks again!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Chitza

Passport or passport card. The card is cheaper but if you ever plan to fly into a country, you will need the passport. As for moto paperwork, I would take registration and proof of insurance that is valid in Canada. I almost lost my tag, so registration would have been necessary. I have Progressive and they sent me a Canadian insurance card. It didn't cost me anything extra. I would recommend you check with your phone carrier on international rates and watch that CLOSELY. My phone bill while in Canada was easily my biggest expense.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

Quote from: NedsGSA on November 21, 2016, 06:13:45 PM
Would love to go !! Find me more paint jobs !! ..lol....im keeping it on my radar but its iffy

What? Who dis? Probably some CoonAssinBama 8)
Identify yo' self

http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?board=1.0
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

renchinrider

Chitza, thanks for the reply ref paperwork for Canada.  I'll get in touch with my ins company and make sure they send me the right paperwork ahead of time!  Nova Scotia looks like a great destination!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Chitza on November 22, 2016, 07:15:50 AM
. My phone bill while in Canada was easily my biggest expense.

WOW....we had little, to no change in our bill with Verizons plan.  $5/day, and only if you used it.......

Al Goodwin

renchinrider

Just tried to order mine, but the website says they're overwhelmed and asked me to try again later...Al, looks like you've started a mass migration!!! ;)

No worries, I'll try again and get one shortly!

Izzy3

Just ordered my park pass and everything went well.  Still want to make the ride as it is on my "to do" list and need to hit the 4 corners. 

renchinrider

Ditto--I ordered mine a few days ago, and this time I had no problem.  Just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.  Gonna be an awesome trip!

Al Goodwin

OK.....I know I brought this up first, but put me on "standby" for this trip.

Melony, my beautiful wife, is having back surgery tomorrow.  One of the same vertebrae she had repaired this past April.

I'm thinking we didn't allow propped healing time on her last surgery before heading off on a 10,000+ mile ride.  Although her back have her no problems on the ride, and she said she knows when she hurt it again, almost 2 months after we got back, I'm still thinking she needs more time.

Good thing is we're getting this done with over 6 months to heal, if we go after July 4th.

So, y'all say a prayer for us....hope to see y'all soon.

ka4pse

Sorry to hear this Al. Prayers for Melony and you. Hope for a speedy recovery. Takes a long while (I know this from experience) for those bones and soft tissues to heal. I couldn't have done a 1,000 miles, much less 10,000, 6 months after my surgery. It's been a year now and I still have problems with it when I ride for a while (hour or more). Good luck to her and here's hoping for a great outcome this time.

Stewart
Slapout, Alabama
1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...

Al Goodwin

When my ancestors came over they settled in Nova Scotia, lots of Goodwins up there.......

I just talked to the doctor, Melony is in recovery.  The doc said it all went very well.

Now, gotta get on that physical therapy QUICK....LOL

norton73

Glad to hear the surgery went well.
Hopefully the recovery will go well to.
Best wishes to both of you.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

jrobinson

Great to hear everything went well for Melony. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Good luck keeping her off the bike. :)