News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

411 - Vintage 2016

Started by Chitza, October 04, 2016, 06:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

We are 3 days out from one of the biggest motorcycling events in the COUNTRY! And it's right here in Alabama! Here is where you can post and view any information you need on this year's festival. I'll be posting some of the new rules for this year for how to get in and out of the park, where to pick up your armbands, and how to get parts you buy out of the park. Watch close. There are some new procedures this year. One thing is for certain, you should plan to ride your bike for easiest access to the fun.

Make plans to come by the BamaRides booth in the swap meet. This weekend is for YOU. There will be food and drinks, chairs for sitting and plenty of folks for socializing. Come hang with the cool kids.

October 7-9, Barber Motorsports Park, Leeds, AL
BamaRides Booth, Row K, slots 10-12.

Weather forecast: Perfect

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

There are some new and old rules about driving and parking inside the park this year.

1. NO 4 wheeled vehicles will be allowed in the park during festival hours without a vendor parking pass. So riding your motorcycle is the best idea. You can park your bike on the perimeter road and ride the tram where ever you want to go.
2. NO motorized vehicles will be allowed in the swap meet area during peak hours, plan on 9am-5pm Friday and Saturday. They can and will change that time as needed.
3. There will be a parts shuttle provided to help you get parts or motorcycle purchases back to your bike, car or truck.
4. I have heard a rumor that traffic on the perimeter road will be one way, but I don't have verification on that. I will post when I know for sure. Just don't be surprised when you get there if it is.
5. If you are riding a motorcycle on the perimeter road, you MUST wear a helmet. No exceptions. You will be stopped if you are not wearing one. I'm working the gate. Don't make me stop you 8)

LawnmowerRG

Hey everyone

I have the trailer at my house. If you need to drop off parts let me know. The trailer will be available until mid day Thursday. Thursday it will be at
The Bike Shop
8001 Parkway drive.
Leeds
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

springer

Chitza, where is the vehicle parking for the masses?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chitza

Quote from: springer on October 05, 2016, 01:17:41 PM
Chitza, where is the vehicle parking for the masses?

The masses will be on motorcycles and can park on the perimeter road inside the park.

If you are on 4 (or more) wheels, there will be parking across the street from the Rex Lake Rd entrance with a shuttle to the park.

maydaymike

Chitza,  I have a question about vendor (swap meet)  wristbands.  My friend is coming up from FL,  tickets in hand.   Am I correct that we have to check in somewhere off-site to swap tickets for wristbands,    rather than at the gate like prior years?     Can he pick up all the wristbands,  or do the other people in our group need to be there?    The other two people sharing our spots probably won't be here until later tomorrow evening,  but are counting on camping on-site when they arrive.   (we have 2 spots/4 tickets)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Chitza

Thursday during the day, anyone with an armband voucher will exchange it for an armband at the Porsche building/will call window inside the park. After that, you must report to the Hampton Inn to exchange vouchers for armbands. Each person must do the exchange because they have to sign for the armband. I believe you can leave the vouchers there in an envelope with their name on it for them to pick up.

maydaymike

Thanks for the info.   I'll pass it on.  I'll see y'all tomorrow'

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

2smoke

Parts shuttle is a nice touch  8)

IceCold4x4

Saw that it said no motorized vehicles in the swap meet area. I was planning on bringing the kazuma for people to ride around, is that going to be more trouble than it's worth then?

Chitza

No. The Viper will be fine and there will. E times we can ride it. Just not during peak shopping hours

IceCold4x4

Quote from: Chitza on October 05, 2016, 08:01:00 PM
No. The Viper will be fine and there will. E times we can ride it. Just not during peak shopping hours
K no problem then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chitza

Last minute email from BMS

wweaver11

Where is the Bama Rides tent going to be, or did I miss this somewhere?  I know it will be inside the swap meet area, but not sure after that.     I haven't been on any rides in a long time but would love to stop by and say hey.

jrobinson

Quote from: wweaver11 on October 06, 2016, 10:33:16 PM
Where is the Bama Rides tent going to be, or did I miss this somewhere?  I know it will be inside the swap meet area, but not sure after that.     I haven't been on any rides in a long time but would love to stop by and say hey.

Swap meet booths K 10-12