News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Max Motorsports

Started by klaviator, October 09, 2016, 07:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I ran into a guy at Vintage Fest who used to own Magic City Scooters and now works at Maxx Motorsports.  We talked a bit and he had some interesting info.  He said Maxx bought out Magic City scooters and are now a Kymco dealer.  He also said they would be picking up Vespa.  Of course they sell several brands of motorcycles.  I guess they either have moved to a new location and are having and open house/ grand opening on Nov 5th.  It might be worth checking out.  I may even ride down to check it out.  I'll see when it gets closer to that date.

merc16

Yes they have moved and it's a very nice dealership. It's not cramped like the previous shop. I really like stopping by there.
Justin

DachshundUberAlles

I rode up there Wednesday. It's a nice place with lots of inventory. I applaud their bravery to stock so much apparel, but think they'll end up being everyone's dressing room so they can get their proper size before they place their internet orders. I also wonder just how much of a market there will be for all those Husqvarna M/X bikes.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

klaviator

Quote from: DachshundUberAlles on October 22, 2016, 03:37:50 PM
I rode up there Wednesday. It's a nice place with lots of inventory. I applaud their bravery to stock so much apparel, but think they'll end up being everyone's dressing room so they can get their proper size before they place their internet orders.

I'm glad you posted this.  It's been a long time since I have been in a motorcycle dealer that stocked a lot of gear.  If they have something that I really like then I'll buy it from them even if I can get it cheaper online.  I like being able to try on gear before buying because I really have a hard time finding stuff that fits.  If I can't make it to their open house I'll visit some other time. 

Slede

I'd buy from Maxx before I'd order it online, not enough difference in price for me to not support a local shop that's as good as they are on, well, everything.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

DachshundUberAlles

2591 Pelham Parkway
Pelham, Al.
(205) 605-1904
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Fencejumper09

Max has a great selection and a great staff. They really treat riders/racers well with a good discount.

I am picking up a KTM Strider for my nephew this weekend. They were the same price as online and would much rather support local.

Highly recommend this shop!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

TFancher

I need to have a little recall work done on my V. Looking for a good Suzuki dealer around Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area. Any recommendations?
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

TFancher

Quote from: TFancher on October 28, 2017, 10:12:58 AM
I need to have a little recall work done on my V. Looking for a good Suzuki dealer around Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area. Any recommendations?
(I realize "good dealer" is an oxymoron. But it's a recall so I have to take it in. )
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

klaviator

I don't have much personal experience with them but have heard good things about Max motorsports in Pelham. 

As for "good dealer" being an oxymoron, I have to disagree.  There are some good dealers out there.  Allsport in Decatur is a good example but they are not a Suzuki dealer.

TFancher

Quote from: klaviator on October 28, 2017, 10:51:52 AM
I don't have much personal experience with them but have heard good things about Max motorsports in Pelham. 

As for "good dealer" being an oxymoron, I have to disagree.  There are some good dealers out there.  Allsport in Decatur is a good example but they are not a Suzuki dealer.
I agree. Allsport has been a great example of how to do it right. A lot of dealerships could take an example from them. I just wish Tuscaloosa had a dealer like that.

Slede

max is the only one around that I would recommend for anything, they just so happen to be a Suzuki dealer too.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Moto Guzzi

Max Motorsports did the stator recall on my 2014 DL650.  Good service and no issues after the work was done.

TFancher

Contacted Max on Saturday. Talked to a guy named Jarrod. Really helpful. Got my part ordered and should have it done before the end of the week. I hope it's as seamless as it sounds so far. Stay tuned........