News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Max Motorsports

Started by klaviator, October 09, 2016, 07:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

Let me know if you need anything while you are in the area!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

merc16

I hope the recall goes well for you. MM is my favorite dealer in the B'ham area.
Justin

TFancher

Excellent experience. I have nothing but good things to say about Max. I will definitely be using them in the future.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

merc16

Found this sweet lil' Husky while visting Max Motorsports.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

Chitza

I've been looking at that bike @merc16. But at near 32" seat height and still just another thumper, it doesn't give me more than I have...except that desireable 6th gear  ;D
Reported 115mph top speed, too. I read a review that said it thumps so bad, the mirrors are useless.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

merc16

Tbh, I haven't read anything about them. Mainly, I don't need another bike that I want. Does the KTM 390 have the vibration also ?

Justin

Campbell92

Quote from: merc16 on May 04, 2018, 08:05:34 PM
Tbh, I haven't read anything about them. Mainly, I don't need another bike that I want. Does the KTM 390 have the vibration also ?

I have ridden the 390. It was fun, but there was vibration but the owner fixed the issue. This bike had upgraded bars, weights and mirrors so it was not too noticeable. It was awesome to ride. It was right inbetween the z125 and the MT07 in physical size, so it felt great for me being 5ft8 and 155 lbs.

klaviator

I rode down to Max Motorsports yesterday.  They have the best selection of scooters in the area, maybe the best in the state.

I went to check out the Kymco Like 150i which is the leading contender for my next small scooter.

They had one in red:

And white:

The salesman was helpful, seemed pretty knowledgeable and not pushy. 

I also checked out the new Kymco 400.  This appears to be a great scooter and is priced way below the competition.  It's $5999 compared to around $8500 for the Burgman 400.  If I didn't already have a 400cc scooter then I'd be seriously looking at this one.....or maybe the Yamaha Xmax.

I'll be heading back down there sometime in the next few weeks.  They told me they would prep a Like150i and let me ride it if I let them know in advance.  Most likely if if the test ride goes well I'll take it home with me.  This scooter has basically the same motor as my Super 8 except it has a four valve head, fuel injection, and about 30% more horsepower.

klaviator

I took a drive down to Max today. They had a lot of bikes in the showroom.

They had one less when I left.  It was a pleasure doing business with them.

gulfcoaster

LoupGarou

Good shop. Got my Spade there.

klaviator

My new scooter is having some ABS issues so I dropped it off at max today.  While there I sat on what may be the ultimate bike for the super twisty roads I prefer.

springer

Quote from: klaviator on February 01, 2019, 03:49:03 PM
My new scooter is having some ABS issues so I dropped it off at max today.  While there I sat on what may be the ultimate bike for the super twisty roads I prefer.

Well, my suggestion would be...BUY IT! We only go around the block of life once you know.  ;)

Tried to zoom in on it....but no joy. What is it? Looks pretty sporty.  :)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

sctparker

Looks like a SVARTPILEN 401

Just looked back it's in reply #18

klaviator

It is a Svartpilen 401.  It's a tiny bike but still comfortable for me and I'm 6-2.  I'm going to buy it.....................when I win the Lottery.  It's not that expensive but I can't just buy every bike that I like.