News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Remember when...

Started by lk2rd, November 16, 2016, 09:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lk2rd

...motorcycles were called "motors"?  Example; "Are you going to ride your motor, today?"  My mother in law asked me about my "motor" the other day.  I hadn't thought of that expression in years.

Got any more motorcycle "remember whens"?  Post them up.

Nice Goat

Never heard that one.

Remember when motorcycle shops were small, hole-in-the-wall type places instead of the big corporate boutiques that many of them are now?
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lk2rd

... the engine covers were held on by butter-soft phillips head screws that could only be removed with an impact driver.  How did the factory get those buggers on so tight?

jrobinson

...every bike was used for off road riding

sctparker

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous

lk2rd

... Goodyear made motorcycle tires?  I put Goodyears on my first bike- a  Kawasaki H1 Mach III.  I sure they did wonders for the handling of such a sublime motorcycle.

2smoke

Yes, I remember a motorcycle being called a motor. Brother in law has used that term in recent years. I still have my impact driver from Smith Brothers in Tarrant. The shop was in an old house. Just bikes lined up, parts hanging on the wall and a counter. Lots of folks wore the snap on 'bubble' shield on an open face helmet then. Many of them were amber. I had a 'full coverage' blue/black/gray metal flake helmet. I really wanted the Bell Star. But it cost a whopping 60.00  :o