News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Carb rebuild

Started by IceCold4x4, January 23, 2017, 09:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

Ok so I've had the carbs off my ZRX more times than i can count seriously we are nearing 30 or something like that. Here's the list of things i'm no longer happy about with these carbs.

Multiple carb bowl screws are stripped.
I stupidly put sealant on the carb bowls and the last time i got ham fisted and its everywhere.

Need someone other than me to go through these or help whip them into shape. I figure at this point they need the full monty of being broken down and inspected. Would love someone here that's done more than I or a recommendation of a shop who can be trusted to possibly catch something that's odd or not normal.

IceCold4x4

Also a hand trying to get the jet kit dialed in as it is a prototype would be nice, I do have a wideband mounted on the bike to make the tuning easier...

Al Goodwin

This doesn't sound like a bad deal on a full set.  This way all the stripped bolts/threads can be taken care of.....AND, you'd have the stock jetting if you decide to just say the HECk with the jet-kit and go back stock.

IceCold4x4

Quote from: Al Goodwin on January 25, 2017, 03:46:31 PM
This doesn't sound like a bad deal on a full set.  This way all the stripped bolts/threads can be taken care of.....AND, you'd have the stock jetting if you decide to just say the HECk with the jet-kit and go back stock.

problem is the stock jetting for these carbs is for a zx11 running a factory airbox not a ZRX that's been bored and running pods on a different head. I guess i could always go back to the stock carbs but i'd have to buy a set of those as half the reason for the upgrade to the larger carbs is that my previous set had been damaged beyond repair due to someone over tightening the emulsion tubes at some point...

Just at the point of being tired of pulling them again and again. I think i'm going to break down and hand the carbs to landers at tech 46 and let him whip them into shape that way i at least know i'm starting with good carbs and can go from there.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on January 25, 2017, 03:53:37 PM
Quote from: Al Goodwin on January 25, 2017, 03:46:31 PM

problem is the stock jetting for these carbs is for a zx11 running a factory airbox not a ZRX that's been bored and running pods on a different head. I guess i could always go back to the stock carbs but i'd have to buy a set of those as half the reason for the upgrade to the larger carbs is that my previous set had been damaged beyond repair due to someone over tightening the emulsion tubes at some point...

Just at the point of being tired of pulling them again and again. I think i'm going to break down and hand the carbs to landers at tech 46 and let him whip them into shape that way i at least know i'm starting with good carbs and can go from there.

That sounds easy enough..LOL

And if I'd pulled a set of carbs off 30 times :o....well, I doubt I would have ever made it to 3 times ???, let alone 30.

IceCold4x4

Well I kinda expected it it is a prototype jet kit. But damn it's gotten way outta hand. I'm thinking there's something wrong I'm just not seeing.

merc16

Psst.....you know who you must send them to........ ;)

Or maybe Tech46 where you got your forks redone, possibly Moto Ace in Leeds
Justin

IceCold4x4

ya i know, just sick of spending money on the zrx lately. the recent purchases i can keep track in my head and I don't like where that number is headed. 6 months from now i won't remember so when the wife asks whatever i say is fine by me...