Allsport Saturday Shift Club/Forum Appreciation Day March 25, 2017

Started by Campbell92, March 01, 2017, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

merc16

Justin

twowheeldawg

Are there usually a lot of vintage bikes at Blue Plate to check out?

norton73

I will be on call that weekend, but if there's no service calls, I will try to make it.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Campbell92

Quote from: twowheeldawg on March 14, 2017, 08:04:15 PM
Are there usually a lot of vintage bikes at Blue Plate to check out?
as long as the weather is ok. I have seen people ride rain or shine and some even trailer bikes in. It is hard to say, but a member from the department of transportation is going to be there getting maps of rides so I suppose there will be a good turnout.

renchinrider

Indeed, there are usually a good number of vintage bikes.  They range from Triumphs and the occasional Norton to Kawasakis, Suzukis, Hondas, BMW etc, as well as a few vintage Harleys.  It's been a while since we had a Moto Guzzi roll in, so if any of you has one, bring it out!  Oh, and Klaviator:  One of our members frequently rides his (sorta) vintage Vespa to breakfast as well!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

For those interested in ride from the Blue Plate to Allsport that is more interesting than taking the interstate, here it is:  http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1648.0

Campbell92

The ever changing weather forecast looks good at this moment in time. Keep your fingers crossed for sun shine and good times. We still plan to have this event and are looking very forward to it! Keep an eye on the weather, we will have this event rain or shine! Let us know if you can make it!!

lazeebum

I'm going to the lunch! I won't be able to ride much, but I need to get out and ride some.

Campbell92

In hopes that the weather forecast changes. Please do not let the rain scare you. Feel free to drive your car, truck, van, horse and buggy, anything! PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO COME. LET US KNOW BY QUOTING THIS POST AND LETTING US KNOW IF IT WILL BE JUST YOU OR IF YOU WILL HAVE OTHERS JOINING!

WE WILL ONLY HAVE FOOD FOR THOSE THAT RSVP!!

jrobinson

Slede

my dualsport acquisition has feel through so I may head north and hang out instead. still deciding really.

you guys don't have another klr up there do you?
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Campbell92

One last minute head count. Like this post so or comment below for your RSVP!

Timbo64

Tim Q. checking in: My wife, Alyson, and I will be there for lunch.

renchinrider

Seth, there are a number of us coming from the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club.  I'm estimating 10~15 folks, from what I'm hearing.  I think you got a fairly good forecast from RJ when y'all saw each other at Sam's Thursday eve.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

Some pics from today.

The Blue plate cafe parking lot.

An over the shoulder shot crossing the TN river.

It was a nice day for a ride in the countryside.

We pulled into Allsport a little early.  Mike showed up a little later on his Honda Dream.

Sandy trying out one of the Royal Enfields

Checkin out a potential future bike?

I enjoyed myself today.  Thanks to Allsport for organizing this event as well as the Vintage club for setting up the breakfast. 

I left Allsport at 1:30 and still easily beat the rain home.