News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Keeping the XT350 alive

Started by norton73, March 19, 2017, 09:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

That's what I would have thought...Hall's said to call the dealer it came from.

Any Yamaha dealer should have the shims. They are a common 25mm diameter, Kawasaki, Honda, and Suzuki all use similar shims. You can buy a complete kit that would cover all those makes with all the sizes, but I don't want to spend $200+
I know Hall's has the shims, how would they adjust valves on customer bikes without a set?
In the past, on other bikes, other dealers ,hey would let you exchange them from the service dept. shop supply for a nominal fee.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

kylepeterson

that's just plain stupid. instead of selling a guy chain lube, grips, a new jacket, maybe a helmet, or a new wr450, they told you to not even bother coming into the showroom,  for $20 worth of shims.
stupid stupid stupid

norton73

Yup, my last can of chain lube lost it's charge the other day, I need some 15 wt fork oil for the GS. I probably would have purchased up while I was there, not now.
Probably not in the Trussville store when they open.

KevinB

They just ensured I won't be buying anything there either.

norton73

Thanks for the support.

If Moto Ace is open and has the shims, I may ask about some tires too. Need a new rear for the GS before the RFP next month, and a rear for the Norton now.

KevinB

It's support...but also an extremely low tolerance for dumbassery.  :)

sctparker

Sounds like they have the same business model as Big#2 .Unfortunately this has apparently become normal business . It is becoming hard to buy any hard and electrical  parts from local dealers, even if you bought the bike there (@ Riders Harley), they don't want to sell you parts , they want to do the work.

jrobinson

Give Allsport Motorsports in Decatur a call. I bet Steve or Seth will be sure to get you what you need.

norton73

They are closed today.
I sent them a parts request through their website earlier today, I'll follow it up with a call tomorrow.

Unfortunately, they are close to 100 miles from me. Be a good excuse for a ride though.

jrobinson

Be a good opportunity to Pony Express them to you.

There's also a Vintage Bike Night at Straight to Ale in Huntsville on Tuesday nights. One in Decatur on Thursday nights.

klaviator

I'm sure Allsport will help you out.  Ben is the parts manager and Ashley the service manager.  Make sure you mention you are on Bamarides.  If you end up buying a part they will give you a 10% discount for being a member of the forum.

Campbell92

Give us a call. I had a 1990 xt350 and loved it. Unfortunately it was stolen....and gave me more reason to buy the xt600 I have today. We can get you about any part you need. We can mail them too you as well. It seems like mother nature is having some issues with the rainy day to off day ratio and putting some strain on when you can ride bikes.

Just give us a call and ask for Jeff. He can hunt you down about anything you need.

norton73

Quote from: Campbell92 on March 28, 2017, 05:21:16 PM
Give us a call. I had a 1990 xt350 and loved it. Unfortunately it was stolen....and gave me more reason to buy the xt600 I have today. We can get you about any part you need. We can mail them too you as well. It seems like mother nature is having some issues with the rainy day to off day ratio and putting some strain on when you can ride bikes.

Just give us a call and ask for Jeff. He can hunt you down about anything you need.

Thanks. Wish you guys were closer. Work takes me once a month to the Compass Bank just down the road from y'all, I stopped in there and picked up some chemicals a couple months ago and got good vibes.
Wish I could have made it last Saturday and got what I needed then. Looked like a good time.

norton73

Moto Ace to the rescue, called this morning, told them what size shims I needed. Picked them up on the way home from work, an hour later I was done and am about to go for a short ride.

norton73

Bike ran well, bit of a surge around 50mph.
I had put a couple shims under the needles while I had the carb apart, think I will go down to one.
Also, I had drilled and removed the plug over the idle mixture adjust screw, played with that some, idle seems more reliable than before.

Oh, while i was at Moto Ace buying shims, I ordered a tire, bought chain lube, a few other items, and spent about $160.