News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Halls in Pelham

Started by Slede, April 05, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slede

i went to halls in Pelham last week to look/buy a left over 16 model klr they had on their website for 5200. salesman looked at me strange and said that they both sold a few days before, but he would be glad to show me the 17. they are still listed on the site, and are marked down to 4900 now, wonder how they got two more left overs to mark down
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

KevinB

Classic bait and switch...further confirmation for me to stay far away.

Chitza

Quote from: KevinB on April 06, 2017, 02:00:12 AM
Classic bait and switch...further confirmation for me to stay far away.

I read several reviews on Halls in Mobile before they opened in Pelham. This was one of the repeated complaints I read. Yeah, looks like Big #2 has competition for most schmarmy dealer in the area.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

jrobinson

Quote from: Slede on April 05, 2017, 10:46:58 PM
i went to halls in Pelham last week to look/buy a left over 16 model klr they had on their website for 5200. salesman looked at me strange and said that they both sold a few days before, but he would be glad to show me the 17. they are still listed on the site, and are marked down to 4900 now, wonder how they got two more left overs to mark down

Give the guys at Allsport in Decatur a call and tell them you are with Bamarides. They will treat you right. Steve is the owner and Seth is one of the salesmen.

Mark was happy with his purchase there. I know several others have purchased bikes from them and I haven't heard any complaints.

Slede

Quote from: jrobinson on April 06, 2017, 07:08:17 AM

Give the guys at Allsport in Decatur a call and tell them you are with Bamarides. They will treat you right. Steve is the owner and Seth is one of the salesmen.

Mark was happy with his purchase there. I know several others have purchased bikes from them and I haven't heard any complaints.

I asked if they had a klr awhile back and I got no response. not a big deal, I figured it just slipped through unnoticed. I've been watching their website lately, waiting to see what I'm looking for.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

yamahamer

Just keep an eye on their site or let them know what you're looking for.
http://www.allsportinc.com/

8) They are worth the drive.  8)

klaviator

Quote from: Slede on April 06, 2017, 11:13:21 PM
Quote from: jrobinson on April 06, 2017, 07:08:17 AM

I asked if they had a klr awhile back and I got no response. not a big deal, I figured it just slipped through unnoticed. I've been watching their website lately, waiting to see what I'm looking for.

Give them a call.  They may have one coming in or be able to get you one.  Sometimes dealers have bikes still in crates because they don't have room on the showroom floor. 

merc16

Allsport rocks ! I bought my FZ-07 from them. Really good experience !
Justin

lastparrot

You know halls did me and my heighbor right after big #1 didn't.  Now this was a year and 2 years ago. 

-lastparrot

ktmer

I met the owner of Halls on accident one day why in the new Trussville Dealership. Seemed like an ok dude. However Slede I def dont agree with how they did you at Halls. I will never ever ever go to #2 again.How the hell do they sell stuff at that place?

norton73

Quote from: ktmer on June 06, 2017, 11:32:31 AM
I met the owner of Halls on accident one day why in the new Trussville Dealership. Seemed like an ok dude. However Slede I def dont agree with how they did you at Halls. I will never ever ever go to #2 again.How the hell do they sell stuff at that place?

Quote from: norton73 on March 27, 2017, 03:56:19 PM
Well, Hall's Motorsports won't have to worry about me darkening their door.
Called and asked about shim availability and was basicly told if I didn't buy the bike there they wouldn't help me.
If i had, they would just exchange my shims, but because I didn't buy the bike there, I was SOL.
I had been excited when I read that they were opening in Trussville, now not so much.

Tech 46 is closed this week for spring break.
Moto Ace in Leeds?

You might tell him he either needs to change his parts dept policies or have a talk with his employees about how to help customers. I'm not impressed with them, and have no interest in going there.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Nice Goat

Been riding for 17 years and bought numerous bikes from more personable dealers.  So I don't need to visit Halls or Big #1 for anything.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

I started riding in 1975 @ 14. Been to every motorcycle shop in the Birmingham area and have seen MANY of them close down over the years.
Big #2 has been consistent over the years.................consistently screwing folks.   
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

GrumpyMike

I bought a '14 FJR from Hall's in Pelham. I was able to drive a good deal from having done research and letting them price match. That being said, their sales staff is not well trained and my salesperson knew nothing about the bike I was purchasing. They tried to sneak the YES warranty into the sale at $1200.00 and when questioned stated it was standard procedure. I called BS and told them I'd buy it from D&H for $389.00. They acted shocked but matched that price. Hall's is preying on ignorant buyers and will not get business any from me again.

gulfcoaster

Asking for someone else...but does any one know if Hall's in Pelham is known to sell less than quality used bikes?  Such as lemon buy backs, auctioned, or damaged bikes?  Obviously, they have less than ideal sales tactics, but if someone was to come in from out of town with a firm OTD price on a bike should they beware?