News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Halls in Pelham

Started by Slede, April 05, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slede

Quote from: gulfcoaster on February 16, 2019, 11:08:12 AM
Asking for someone else...but does any one know if Hall's in Pelham is known to sell less than quality used bikes?  Such as lemon buy backs, auctioned, or damaged bikes?  Obviously, they have less than ideal sales tactics, but if someone was to come in from out of town with a firm OTD price on a bike should they beware?

I've went by there 3 times with intentions to buy an advertised bike, it was never there, "oh, we just sold that one but I have this other one at full price I could help you with"

don't know if that's their regular MO but I've seen it more than once with different sales people.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

velosix

I recently moved to the area, and went out scoping the local shops on my lunch breaks.  Stopped a Halls in Pelham a few times on account of their website prices, but was repeatedly underwhelmed by their sales staff.  No worries I thought, I do my own research, maintenance, so on and so forth.... Came very close to pulling the trigger on a brand new machine, and began arguing over some fees.

I quickly extracted that they have little regard for ethics.  I abruptly told them pound sand, and walked out without purchasing.  I will not ever step foot inside that building as long as that name is above the door.

jrobinson

We have several members that have purchased bikes at Allsport in Decatur. They are motorcycle people. Give them a try on your next purchase.

gulfcoaster

Quote from: velosix on July 29, 2019, 08:54:34 AM
I recently moved to the area, and went out scoping the local shops on my lunch breaks.  Stopped a Halls in Pelham a few times on account of their website prices, but was repeatedly underwhelmed by their sales staff.  No worries I thought, I do my own research, maintenance, so on and so forth.... Came very close to pulling the trigger on a brand new machine, and began arguing over some fees.

I quickly extracted that they have little regard for ethics.  I abruptly told them pound sand, and walked out without purchasing.  I will not ever step foot inside that building as long as that name is above the door.

They do that at pretty much all the Hall's locations.  They advertise an excellent price online, then either don't have the bike, or tag on a ton of fees to make that nice price null and void.

merc16

Quote from: velosix on July 29, 2019, 08:54:34 AM

Locally, I prefer Pinnacle in Bessemer or Max Motorsports in Pelham. Allsport in Decatur is the best .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Justin

klaviator

I have bought bikes at Allsport and max.  Both are outstanding dealers.