News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Midway Cycles

Started by klaviator, September 18, 2015, 01:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRobinson

I am going to send them an email and tell them what I think.  If I have Kevin's permission I will send them a link to this thread and the information on the Bama Rides membership.

What say you Kevin?

KevinB

No problem Larry,  sounds good.

Moto Guzzi

Quote from: KevinB on July 07, 2016, 10:52:37 AM
This is how I got it back. The parts appear to have been replaced, but they didn't bother to clean the paste created by the aluminum dust and chain lube covering the rear wheel. And the entire bike is covered in waterspots and greasy handprints. Can't take an extra 3 minutes to clean it up and look like you take pride in your work?

There's also these nice scratches on the wheel now...

Wow.  Appears they are not even remotely interested in making this "right", other than "here, it's fixed, now go away".  Piss poor customer service for sure.  Any dealer worth his salt would have made sure the bike was clean and certainly wouldn't send it out with scratched up wheels.

LRobinson

Email sent. 

Yankee Dog

They are still the best place in town for tires. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinB

So enough with the negative waves...

Cleaned, farkled and ready to ride.  She'll be getting some break-in miles tomorrow. 8)

KevinB

Bill messaged me a few minutes ago...offered an apology and to order a new wheel.

I've already replaced the original rim decals with another set and added touch-up paint to the scratches...I really don't care about a new wheel at this point. I'm just ready to ride the thing.

This all seems like a headache that wound up requiring an ER visit when a simple Tylenol would have sufficed to begin with.

VWCarlos

All I can say is that is one sharp bike...
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Shepcam

I agree with your decision on the orange frame, me likey!  :D
2013 Kawasaki Concours

Fencejumper09

Good luck keeping that front wheel down! I know that's where I struggle!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Slede

Quote from: Yankee Dog on July 07, 2016, 04:52:24 PM
They are still the best place in town for tires. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't care if they were giving them away i'll never darken their door
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

KevinB

Bill and I have agreed to disagree...he still defends his tech's PDI and the follow-up work, and is upset that I have trashed his business on BR.

I've already swapped the rim decals and touched-up the paint. We came to an agreement, and he sent me a set of engine guards in lieu of a new wheel.

Now we're square and I can get my break-in miles done.

I know there are others that have had excellent experience with Midway, and I believe this was probably an isolated incident.

While I didn't enjoy the journey, I'm happy with the destination.

Nice Goat

Quote from: KevinB on July 12, 2016, 11:49:05 PM
...he still defends his tech's PDI and the follow-up work...

Sounds like a classic case of small business owner being too nice and forgiving to employees.

I wish my boss was a pushover ... then I could be lazy too!   :D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

If I was looking for a KTM I'd still buy it at Midway.  Of course I'd also look it over very careful when picking it up but then that's a good idea at any dealer.  When I bought my Versys at Cycles Unlimited, the chain was too tight.  I can't say I found anything wrong with my Majesty which I bought at Allsports.

Keep in mind that most dealers have multiple techs and some are better than others.  I wonder if the tech who set up your bike was the same one who installed the tire on my Majesty?

griff

I've had dealings with Midway for over 20 years. They have always treated me fair and been upfront, honest folks. I will continue to do business with them. Bill has shown a good faith effort to make things right with this situation. I understand it wasn't handled the best. As a dealer his hands are tied on some things like swapping parts off another bike in the showroom.

As a small business owner, one of your biggest challenges is finding qualified help that gives a shit about what they are doing. You're only as good as your worst employee. This applies to my business as well as Bill's. I'm sure Bill is extremely busy throughout the day as most small business owners are. I'm not making excuses for him, just trying to get people to realize the reality of trying to run a small business. Unfortunately, employees will screw up occasionally. You have to rely on your employees as you don't have time to do everything yourself personally. If they drop the ball it can come back to bite you. Sounds like that was the case in the above situation. Reality is everyone makes mistakes occasionally. How it's handled is what makes the difference.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs