News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Midway Cycles

Started by klaviator, September 18, 2015, 01:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shepcam

He should know by now how social media and the world wide web works and I dont think you bashed them at all, just shared your frustration with a bad experience. Everyone else, myself included did the bashing. I dont know how he can defend his tech that did not provide a PDI checklist and let a bike leave the shop with both tires way under pressured. What if you drove it off and had a wreck due to the tire pressure, that would have been bad on all kinds of levels. I think you have made it clear you wanted to move on and enjoy the bike so he should have no reason to be upset!
2013 Kawasaki Concours

KevinB

Quote from: griff on July 13, 2016, 07:28:09 AM
...effort...

Actually, it's the complete lack of effort that has been my biggest gripe of the situation.

- Incomplete assembly/PDI (no test ride, flat tires)

- It was covered in the dust/dirt that accumulates on a bike that sits for a year when I picked it up. 60 seconds worth of effort to wipe down a new bike about to be delivered to a customer?

- Condition of the bike at re-delivery. Bill delivered the bike back once it was fixed, so he either didn't notice the waterspots, greasy handprints and crud still covering the rear wheel (not to mention the wheel scratches)...or thought it was an acceptable condition to deliver the bike. Again, just a couple of minutes of effort to clean it up would have shown me that there was a modest amount of interest.

- I appreciate the fact he delivered it back to the house for me. I was at work and told him my family would be there to meet him. Later, he sent a message and told me he had dropped it off. When I got home, it was sitting in my driveway with the key on the seat. Now we're back to a common theme...an extra two minutes of time to ring the doorbell so someone could open the garage door was too much to expect on my part? Luckily I live in a decent neighborhood where a motorcycle and key left unattended for several hours isn't (usually) in danger.

I think they're good, honest people and I don't think anything was done with malice. But if you're going to expect customers to come to your business (1.5 hour trip each way in my case) and spend their hard earned money, is it too much to expect on my part that they put in a couple of extra minutes of effort to seem that they want my business?

I'm generally pretty easy to please as a customer. I don't expect or want something for nothing, I don't want preferential or VIP treatment...just act like you want me to come back.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing business with them, but merely relaying my experience and frustration. Again...after hearing from others, I believe mine is the exception. I have no hard feelings, and will probably give them the opportunity for my business again.

DachshundUberAlles

Quote from: KevinB on July 12, 2016, 11:49:05 PM
... and is upset that I have trashed his business on BR.

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt it will hurt his business. For all the negative tales told concerning the Big #1, and Willie Smith down here in Tuscaloosa, they are still up and running and making new "friends" regularly. Smith one told me he didn't give a (crap) what people told others about him or his shop, all that mattered was that they mentioned the name because that put the shop name in other people's minds.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Fencejumper09

FYI Midway no longer sells KTM, it also looked like they don't sell any new bikes.

They had a couple dirtbikes, street bikes and an adventure bike (all used) in the showroom but that was it.

I think it was Bill at the register and he said KTM was pushing him to sit on a bunch of street bikes just to get their dirtbikes.

He did have some good deals on a limited selection of gear.

I picked up a KTM Rally jacket for a decent deal and perused their extensive parts area.

Nice guys in the shop
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

klaviator

Their primary business has always been selling parts, accessories and service as well as some used bikes.  I still go there for tires.  They discount their tires and I can just drop in and get my tires mounted without having to make an appointment. 

N4HHE

KTM has been moving that way the past 15 years, to control dealers, to move what KTM wants vs what the market wants. Is not just street bikes but dealers had to take 4-stokes to get 2-strokes. And sometimes take 2-stokes to get 4-strokes. Had to take SX bikes to get woods bikes.

Some thought Husqvarna would be used to restore dirt-only dealers but that doesn't appear to have happened.

I sympathize with Bill. He tried. Fortunately Beta makes a better dirtbike, and supports riders and dealers. There would not be an opening for Beta had not KTM dropped the ball.