Main Menu

Tennessee Knockout (TKO) -- August 12-13

Started by Al Goodwin, April 27, 2017, 01:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• TKO Race

Al Goodwin

I'M IN.....WHOOP WHOOP... 8)

After registration filling quick, and being put on a waiting list, I got the call......

Who else is racing?  Watching?

Those watching need to be my friends, I'll be the fat guy, on the 20 year old KDX220...so, when I fall, just help me up and point me in the correct direction :o.  If you've got a portable oxygen tank that'd be helpful as well. :-\

http://www.dirtrider.com/2017-kenda-tennessee-knockout-schedule-confirmed

*** Edited to add dates

Fencejumper09

That is awesome! Hopefully I can make it up to spectate but still a little far off to be sure!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

I'm officially stupid. Yep I'm going to torture myself for a day of riding in a rock field. Forms turned in and entry fee paid.

My plan is to get there Friday before dark and camp for the weekend. I have no delusions that I will qualify for Sunday. So I plan to spectate and check out the pros. Bring your hiking shoes. It's crazy terrain.

Brad Spainhour is racing. Also two of my friends that I rode Baja with in January are in the race too. They are driving up from Orlando and have a have few other racers with them. This should be really good time. I hope to camp near them. They will have a big camper/trailer and ez-ups covered in Central Florida Powersports logos. My buddy is one of the owners. I'll have a big red EZ-UP with Aprilia Racing logos and a gray Ram 1500
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Al Goodwin

OK...got the Shinko 505 "Cheater" mounted up and ready....new brake pads going in tonight. less than 2 weeks away......is it still to early to start training? :o

Al Goodwin

OK...row 36....THIRTY-SIX !!!!!

That SUX !!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Oh well....Race #1 starts at 9am, 23 mile lap, 2 hour time limit to complete 1 lap.  Top 140 finishers advance to race #2.

Race #2...14 mile lap with special "skill sections" :o...1 hour and 45 minute time limit.

Top 40, I think it is, advance to Sundays races.

Trials bikes are allowed, but can not advance to Sunday races.  Trials tires are allowed, but can not advance to Sunday races.

I'll be the 52 year old fat guy on the 20 year old KDX.....

Al Goodwin

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

ka4pse

GOOD LUCK Al. Have fun & be safe out there.

Stewart
Slapout
1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...

klaviator

Al Goodwin

D.....N....F...DANG I. 

the bike was NO the problem.   ???

Me, not being able to breath :o, barely stand up :-\, and, really couldn't even talk very well :(, was the issue.  I failed to take conditioning as seriously as I should have.

I'll do better next year. 8)

kdtrull

Been wondering how you did over there.  It's a brutal course...don't beat yourself up too bad.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: kdtrull on August 17, 2017, 11:36:10 AM
Been wondering how you did over there.  It's a brutal course...don't beat yourself up too bad.

took me 50 minutes to go the first 3 miles....... :-\ :-\ :-\

Al Goodwin

I've been beating myself up pretty badly about not finishing this race......

Then I read that 161 other riders didn't finish either...162 ......To those that haven't been to this race, or watched any videos....that should give you more of an idea of the brutality of the terrain.