News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

GYMKHANA!! June 10, 2017, Falkville AL

Started by Chitza, May 04, 2017, 07:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chitza

Yes folks, THIS IS REAL! Mark your calendars!! Come out and hone your skills, mock your friends, and scare your kids, parents and significant others. (It just looks death defying. We won't tell them how easy it really is. Shhhh).

ChuckA secured the ball field parking lot in Falkville for a FULL BLOWN GYMKHANA and GP8 (and I hope I can get Kyle to set up that Deadly Butterfly).

June 10, starting at 8a.m. until 4p.m. just off I-65 at exit 322, 1076 Culver Rd, Falkville, AL

AND ITS FREE!!!

Keep in mind, we do not teach anyone how to ride a motorcycle. We will help you improve on skills you should already possess: clutch and brake control, slow speed maneuvers and u-turns to name a few.

There is a nice pavilion with picnic tables and bathrooms on the property. Fast food options and a Loves Truckstop nearby. I will have plenty of water available and the cones will be HOT!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

jrobinson

I should be there. Let us know what you need Karla.

springer

Marked on my Calendar! !!! What time do you need me there??
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

Chitza

I don't intend to show up until 8:00 and have the GP8 and Circles up by 8:15. Everything is ready to go, we just open boxes and set it out so the only labor is throwing cones with Buzz on the big lot.

Don't expect the big course up until around 9:00.

Fencejumper09

Is this event open to the public?

Can I create a little mini flyer for the new Instagram page?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on May 04, 2017, 11:00:35 AM
Is this event open to the public?

Can I create a little mini flyer for the new Instagram page?

Absolutely!!

ktmer

Chitza

Fencejumper reminded me that I had not stated any rules or reguirements to ride gymkhana...

1. You MUST wear a helmet any time you are riding on the range.
2. You MUST sign a waiver before you can ride the course. It releases BamaRides, the coaches and owners of the parking lot from any liability for your safety or damages to your bike. I'm not going to police your insurance, but it is highly recommended that you have coverage. It is the law.
3. You MUST have a yellow sticker(means you signed a waiver) to ride the Circle of Trust(a 24ft Circle that you must successfully negotiate in both directions).
4. You must have a red sticker to ride the course. A red sticker means you completed the circle of trust.   

Don't let these rules scare you. There will be plenty of help to get you through the circle.

5.  There will be no shaming of those who are there trying to improve their skills. If a rider drops his bike all riders come to a stop until the bike is up and the rider is checked and cleared.

Simple.

Al Goodwin

AHRMA and Tennessee Flat trackers race in Athens, Alabama that day. :-\ :-\ :-\

Oh well...... :-[

jrobinson

You can do a couple hours Gymkhana, then go show them how flat tracking is done.

Chuck & Susan

We are going to try to attach this to a "work" bike ride.  We will be leaving San Antonio from a conference and will try to swing north to attend before we head home.  Don't know if we will participate, but the bike has been dropped so that won't be an issue.  We would like to at least attend our first Gymkana.

Thanks

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

kylepeterson

Chitza

ANNOUNCEMENT:

New to the course this time -

Braking practice! We will be measuring stopping distances and trying to decrease those distances! I will have a tape measure!

Tiger

I'll bring a crew. Not sure if they will ride much but I'll try and prod them.