News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Buzz and Chitza's Stray Puppy Rescue

Started by Chitza, April 22, 2017, 01:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Thanks for the info.  As I was cleaning, i noticed that there was some plastic in the air box. It looked like remnants of some sort of screen.  I need to pull the parts diagram.

I powered the tps sensor it read normal.

I did reseat, the throttle bodies. They did not seem off, but I learned the hard way.

The issue I was having was that the bike would not take throttle.  It was leaning out.  It seems to be solved,  but I only put about 20 miles on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Buzz

Oh and it has 30k miles

kylepeterson

I bet those mice that were in the exhaust can didn't know wtf was happening for the first 19 miles. ;-)

Hammerdown77

Just another thing I remembered from my research on the subject of fueling for these bikes.

2004-2005 (and maybe earlier, can't remember) have a different fuel map/ECM programming than the later years. Mine is a 2007, and when I got a Power Commander Fuel Controller (PCFC, highly recommend), I noticed different maps for the 2004 bikes than mine. Seems like they are the inverse of the way the later bikes are set up. Mine is very lean in lower rpms, and rich in the higher rpms, and it seemed like the 2004 was opposite.

TPS can test fine but still need replacing, just keep that in the back of your mind if you start hunting weird driveability issues. Heat is the killer, not mileage.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Gam

I had 2004 DL 1000, bought it new, it had a random cough or sputter, there were all sorts of remedies posted for a cure, I just lived with it. One thing though, make sure the spark plug well drains are clean, they can fill up with rain if blocked, I had it happen, but luckily figured it out.  I remember people going crazy chasing electrical gremlins and that is all it was.

Buzz

Good info. Thanks.