Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Club and Forum Appreciation Day June 17

Started by Campbell92, May 25, 2017, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sctparker

Quote from: speedfire on June 16, 2017, 12:12:02 PM
Planning on coming too. Leaving from Fultondale around 8:30 if anyone wants to tag along.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Where you leaving from in Fultondale.

speedfire

Shell station/Waffle House off Walker Chapel Road 8:30am.

Nice Goat

Weather's looking good for Huntsville.  I'll be riding over with Win and Chuck.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

sctparker

Quote from: speedfire on June 16, 2017, 04:29:52 PM
Shell station/Waffle House off Walker Chapel Road 8:30am.

See you there

springer

Good ride up.  ;)
Good time there.  ;)
Good ride home.  ;)

It is hard to have a better day than this.  :D

BIG thanks to Allsport for having this, inviting ALL of us, feeding us, and making us feel at home.  :) :)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

I got there late but still enjoyed it ! Thanks !
Justin

Sweeper

My first official BamaRides ride. I enjoyed it and found some new roads. Thanks Win for leading and thank you Allsport for continuing to keep the riding community together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

The group ride from Huntsville rolled in around 11:15 and there was a pretty good crowd there already.  It was good seeing a lot of people from Bamarides that I hadn't seen in a while.  So I talked with some folks and had my free lunch.  Then there was a presentation from a couple on the STAR touring association as well as the new Yamaha/Star touring bike.  I'm not really interested in wither but they were very enthusiastic about both.  I talked to Steve later about the Star touring chapter he wants to start at Allsport.  While there is a $49 annual fee to the association, it is open to anyone, not just Star motorcycle owners.  Furthermore Steve said their events and rides would be open to anyone, no membership required.  I wish him luck as anything that promotes riding is a good thing.

They have a 2015 Tmax for sale that Steve used as his personal bike for a while.  So we were looking at it and discussing it and Ken thought that Maybe his wife would be willing to ride with him on something like this.

So.......

No he didn't buy it...........................................yet!

I also took it for a spin.

Years ago I took a 2009 Tmax 500 for a ride.  I wasn't all that impressed with it.  This new 530 Tmax is much improved.  Very smooth, good power, good wind protection and it corners like it's on rails.  It also has much improved underseat storage compared to the old one.  My only complaints where that the bars were a little low and the Givi mounting kit mounts the tail box too far forward for a passenger.  The tail box should be an easy fix.

Then I hung out for a while.  Eventually, while still talking to Hammerdown77 I noticed they were starting to roll all the bikes and side by sides parked outside into the back.  It was nearly closing time! 

So it was a great day.  Thanks to Steve and all the folks at Allsport for putting on this event.

Campbell92

We are happy so many people came out for the event! Overall I believe there was only 1 hotdog left....and that's because it was dropped on the ground! We hope you all had a great time as well! There will be more events and rides to come so keep your eyes and ears open, gas in the tank, and air in the tires! See you down the road!

springer

Quote from: Campbell92 on June 20, 2017, 10:25:53 AM
We are happy so many people came out for the event! Overall I believe there was only 1 hotdog left....and that's because it was dropped on the ground! We hope you all had a great time as well! There will be more events and rides to come so keep your eyes and ears open, gas in the tank, and air in the tires! See you down the road!
Thank you for the invite! I had a great time, like always!!!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

I didn't stay too long, but I did have a hotdog and soda, and I also asked Dean and Steve separately about the new T7 Tenere, particularly the expected release date...   

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 20, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
I didn't stay too long, but I did have a hotdog and soda, and I also asked Dean and Steve separately about the new T7 Tenere, particularly the expected release date...   

And what did they say???

Nice Goat