News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dirt or Beer

Started by Yankee Dog, June 13, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

I got a Decision to make. The missus and I have a week long ride coming up. Should we ride the TAT on the Baby Beemer.  Or circumnavigate Alabama on the Tiger and hit micro breweries along the way. 

I know the eastern section of tat is mild   But 2up that is what I prefer. I recently purchased the GPS files from Sam. I figure we can make it to Arkansas before we have to turn back.  Love me some back roads. 

We have also talked about a trip around the borders of Al for a while.  And with a short excursion in to MS and later FL I can find a hotel within walking distance of a microbrewery almost every night.  And you know how much the missis and like our microbrews

Decisions.   Decisions. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

First World problems...   8)

I don't see how you can go wrong with either of those options!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 13, 2017, 10:26:18 AM
First World problems...   8)

Yes. I like to keep my problems in the 1st world category.  I have seen 3rd world problems up close.  I would prefer to avoid them. 

But let me ask the question in another manner.  Which would you prefer to see a ride report on.  Dirt or Beer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck & Susan

Well I tend to be a bit bias.... Seeing how I'm not an avid dirt rider I personally would chose BEER!! Lapping the state sounds very interesting. If you make that choice there are a couple brews here in Baldwin Co. One in Fairhope and another in Gulf Shores. We would be glad to have one with ya. Let us know if you are in the area.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

But let me ask the question in another manner.  Which would you prefer to see a ride report on.  Dirt or Beer?

[/quote]
Dirty beer  8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Hammerdown77

Man, if there were microbreweries scattered along the TAT at half day intervals....I don't know that I'd ever go back to work.

Which leads me to my next idea. Someone of greater directional acuity and route planning skill than me needs to come up with a backroad/dirt route  that winds it's way across the country connecting all of the premier microbreweries in each state.

The BTAT, if you will
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Hammerdown77 on June 13, 2017, 12:51:33 PM

Which leads me to my next idea. Someone of greater directional acuity and route planning skill than me needs to come up with a backroad/dirt route  that winds it's way across the country connecting all of the premier microbreweries in each state.

The BTAT, if you will

It's would not be as hard as you think there are so many.  The difficult part is find a hotel within walking distance.  But even that can be done. 

gulfcoaster

I'm voting a beer tour. Post up and see if you can get the Bama Rides folks from all over the state to meet you for drinks along the way. As Chuck and Susan said there's a few down here. I'd meet y'all? at Fairhope brewery. Could make for a great way to meet new folks.

Edit: Also, I would really like to read a RR reviewing the different breweries and their beers.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kdtrull

This is a conflict of thermobarically explosive differences.  You could not have picked two more incompatible things to pit against each other in a binary choice.  Given that the ride must always be the priority then (from the scrolls of the Ancient Seeders:  "Put no adventure away, such that a lesser adventure may occur."  Ride the most fun route you can with a secondary goal of discovering pleasant beers along the way. 

The spirit beer awaits, in darkness lying.  A quest proclaim, the light is dying.  ;D
Zylpha Keatly Snyder, I think...more or less.
Search then, for the grand grund.  You have no way to know where the penultimabeer lies!

norton73

There's a buncha ride reports on the TAT, go for the Gusto!
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Bratso

Quote from: kdtrull on June 13, 2017, 09:49:54 PM
This is a conflict of thermobarically explosive differences.  You could not have picked two more incompatible things to pit against each other in a binary choice.  Given that the ride must always be the priority then (from the scrolls of the Ancient Seeders:  "Put no adventure away, such that a lesser adventure may occur."  Ride the most fun route you can with a secondary goal of discovering pleasant beers along the way. 

The spirit beer awaits, in darkness lying.  A quest proclaim, the light is dying.  ;D
Zylpha Keatly Snyder, I think...more or less.
Search then, for the grand grund.  You have no way to know where the penultimabeer lies!

You made me spit my beer!

Yankee Dog

It appears it's going to be beer