News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Safety Class

Started by Crandon, March 09, 2016, 09:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crandon

Had a friend of mine go down last a week or so ago and break his ankle and messed the bike up a little.  Wondering if anyone on here teaches a safety class/refresher class or or could recommend one in the Huntsville/Arab/Guntersville Area.

Thanks,

Yankee Dog

Guidedawg

I took the MSF course in Montgomery, but it looks like the closest to you would be Anniston. 
Although Decatur was listed as a site, there were no courses on the schedule for it.

01YZF6

https://legacy.montevallo.edu/atsc/Motorcycle/courseschedule.shtm
locations: Montevallo, Montgomery, Mobile, Anniston, Dothan

Brc $200
Brc2 85.00

KevinB

A buddy of mine is one of the Ride Like A Pro Alabama instructors. They have classes in Birmingham and Huntsville...

http://www.ridelikeaproal.com/

Crandon

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will pass this information on and we can decide on which one.  The "Ride Like A Pro" looks really good to me but some of the guys live closer to Anniston and may want to go that direction. 

Chitza

Quote from: Vurrich on October 14, 2017, 07:31:54 PM

6) Two Lane roads have much less dangers than four or more

I personally find interstates less intimidating. Even at interstate speeds. There are fewer changes happening, i.e., people slowing to turn or pulling out in front of you, last minute decisions, etc. In the rain, my perception has been that the increased traffic sheds the rain off the surface sooner than on two lane side roads with little traffic. But that's just my personal assessment. I hear we had some guys ride in some awful rain on an interstate recently that was more dangerous than anything I would want to experience.

And the safety classes are now offered through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation(MSF) at Montevallo University.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Vurrich

Quote from: Chitza on October 14, 2017, 07:49:20 PM
Quote from: Vurrich on October 14, 2017, 07:31:54 PM

6) Two Lane roads have much less dangers than four or more

I personally find interstates less intimidating. Even at interstate speeds. There are fewer changes happening, i.e., people slowing to turn or pulling out in front of you, last minute decisions, etc. In the rain, my perception has been that the increased traffic sheds the rain off the surface sooner than on two lane side roads with little traffic. But that's just my personal assessment. I hear we had some guys ride in some awful rain on an interstate recently that was more dangerous than anything I would want to experience.

And the safety classes are now offered through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation(MSF) at Montevallo University.
Interstates often have little worries about head on traffic and traffic depends on rush hours etc. Some aren't bad though I hate the bounce of concrete slabs. A nice quiet ride in the country for some wind therapy can't be beat.