News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

WERA Barber - July 1-2 (Roadracing)

Started by ColeX2, June 20, 2017, 10:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

ColeX2

WERA will be racing at Barber Motorsports Park from Saturday-Sunday, July 1-2.  Who's coming out to watch and support!??

There will be modern bike Solos and Vintage Racing on Saturday and modern bike sprints on Sunday.  A "solo" is a "solo endurance race," basically, usually 16-20 laps. 

I'll be racing Sunday only: the R6 in C (600 cc) Superstock Novice and a little bike class on the R3. 

Gate fees are $25 for the whole weekend or $20 for just Sunday.  I know it's a little pricey, but roadracing has been hurting for a few years now, and we need your support now more than ever.  First person to swing by my pit Sunday gets $20 back and cold water!

I've attached the WERA Barber Schedule for those interested!  Hope to see you there!

ColeX2

ColeX2

Ok, just FYI, I will not be racing tomorrow. I committed to both a trackday Saturday (today) and racing Sunday (tomorrow). Really thought I'd be ok to go from Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC to Barber tonight, but there's some work I still have to get done on the R3 for it to be ready and I didn't want to try to rush it, drive 6-7 hours and then try to race tomorrow on little to no sleep. The WERA Grand National Finals is the only other Barber race that WERA does, so I plan to be there for that. It's the first weekend in November.
Didn't look like there was much interest in this event, but thought I'd let people know. Racing is still going on there tomorrow, so if it interests you, you should definitely go out to watch!

lk2rd

Seems like the prudent choice.  Just keep posting up these events and who knows, some interest may be generated.

I like to go to the WERA events at Barber but, its been awhile, probably this time two years ago.  I enjoy seeing some friends such as the Amish Racing guys, Shane and others. The more laid back atmosphere compared to the Superbike races is nice, too.  The Superbike events are just so much effort with the crowd.  I went a couple of times but, its like work.  Now, if a MotoGP were to come to Barber (not going to happen), I'd be willing to fight the crowd.  I gotta go to COTA next year.  AF1 has a large MotoGP party every year at their shop with food, drink, and some racing celebrities. 

merc16

Went to the WERA finals last year. I enjoyed it but is it ever looowwww  key. I hope to make it this year.
Justin