Started by Jwwr, July 02, 2017, 07:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwwr

google test

jrobinson

what are you trying to do?

Jwwr

jrobinson

I just right click on photo, copy URL then put that URL between the img tags you get when clicking on Inset Image icon.

Brian A

No-can-do with photos on your Google Drive.  Google does not provide links to embed photos. You can only share a clickable link that takes someone to the photo.

I have read there are some ways you can do it, but none of them are via an embed link direct from Google. They are pretty easily understood but not quick and easy.

edit to add: JR - doing what you describe gets this:

INSERT IMAGE:

INSERT URL:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yiWmBCZ3phkdKexXZgKd4DxOF1cIPzrbdQ/view?usp=sharing

jrobinson

When I get home Wed, I'll do a How-To.

Brian A

Quote from: jrobinson on July 03, 2017, 07:14:19 AM

Meaning: You can do a quick "how-to" that will allow for embedding photos from my Google Drive?

Edit to add: This is an example of the info I have been able to find on using Google to host image files as opposed to just being able to provide a clickable link that takes someone directly to that photo.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10311092/displaying-files-e-g-images-stored-in-google-drive-on-a-website

Jwwr

Quote from: jrobinson on July 03, 2017, 07:04:27 AM
I just right click on photo, copy URL then put that URL between the img tags you get when clicking on Inset Image icon.

I know I did this before and it didn't work. Seems to work now.

jrobinson

Quote from: Brian A on July 03, 2017, 07:27:55 AM
Quote from: jrobinson on July 03, 2017, 07:14:19 AM

Meaning: You can do a quick "how-to" that will allow for embedding photos from my Google Drive?

Edit to add: This is an example of the info I have been able to find on using Google to host image files as opposed to just being able to provide a clickable link that takes someone directly to that photo.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10311092/displaying-files-e-g-images-stored-in-google-drive-on-a-website

from Google Photos. I'm not sure about Google Drive

Jwwr

Well it didn't work , then it did, then it didn't. jrobinson could you post the How-To please.

kdtrull

This seems to be working, for now:
From Google PHOTOS, right click on the preview (thumbnail) images and click open in a new window.  The new window will have the "real" address for the image....copy / paste between the [img] tags.  Although, my first test worked for a few hours then failed....the rest seem to be intact for several days.

jrobinson

Jwwr

I can't see your picture.  Or my original now. I'm thinking it may be a sharing setting on google, don't know. I do know I like smugmug, it works!

jrobinson

OK. you got it working for you now?

Jwwr

I gave up on google. I'm using smugmug.