Started by klaviator, July 11, 2017, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

Where:   Chevron in Gurley

When:
       Meet:  0815
       KSU:   0830

This will be a street ride from Gurley to Lynchburg, Tn via back roads.  Pace will be moderate to mildly sporty but as always everyone ride at their own pace and we will wait at all turns.

For those interested in breakfast there is a Hardees next to the Chevron but keep in mind that lunch will be pretty early in Lynchburg.  The plan is to get back to the Huntsville area by early afternoon so this will not be a real long ride.   

BuckeyeDoug

The earlier the better for me!  Count me in.

klaviator

Bump.  I just moved this to planned rides.

renchinrider

Win, I'd love to join you, but this Saturday is packed with activity and I'll have to pass on this one.  Hope y'all have a great ride!  I'm already looking forward to your trip report! ::)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Hammerdown77

2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Johnny Tobyone

Coming....maybe those storms in Middle Tn will hold off
R1200R
CRF450L

klaviator

We ended up having a nice ride.  It was still cool when we started out.  With the clouds and a little light rain it stayed cool all the way to Lynchburg.  We got there around 10:15 and it was much busier than I expected.  We checked out the Diamond Gusset store where Doug found some Kevlar riding jeans at a great discount.  Then we had a great lunch before heading out.  It was still cool and there where some thunderstorms not to far away but we avoided them. 

I didn't take many pics but here's a few.

We had 7 riders on a diverse collection of bikes meet in Gurley.

I had ridden with everyone before except for Brenda who was riding a Spyder.

We rode a bunch of back roads and took a break when we crossed 64.

Some pics in Lynchburg.

This was on display in the Diamond Gusset store.

One of the many back roads.

Thanks everyone who came out for this ride.  I enjoyed riding and spending time with every one of you. 

BuckeyeDoug

Great ride, learned a few new roads too.  Sure glad we skirted the heavy rain.

mojo1

Looks like y'all had a good ride. Hate I missed it, had to work this morning for a bit.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Hammerdown77

Thanks for leading the ride this morning, Win. Got to ride some fun roads I hadn't been on yet in that area.

That whole little slice of Southern Middle Tennessee is just a treasure for exploring and getting lost.

I did actually get poured on about three miles from my house. As I was getting closer to home, I could see this big black cloud looming right over the area I was headed. It was blue sky all around, so I kept making U turns and trying to ride around the storm. I'd start to get some rain, and would immediately turn around and go another direction. Eventually, though, I couldn't avoid it, so I just rode on into it. I wasn't moving too fast at this point anyway, so it actually felt pretty good, not too cold through the mesh jacket.
2016 BMW R1200 GS

klaviator

Quote from: Hammerdown77 on July 15, 2017, 04:34:12 PM
That whole little slice of Southern Middle Tennessee is just a treasure for exploring and getting lost.

You got that right.  I think we need to do some more rides up that way.  I think we did the right thing keeping the ride short today with all the weather around.  Maybe next time we'll do something longer.

gulfcoaster

If you haven't had the grilled cheese on crack in Lynchburg you need to do so. I can't remember the name of the place, but it's in an old house down the hill in the back left corner of town square.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hammerdown77

I know where you're talking about. Really cool old house, with a neat garden on one side of it (jungle-like, even).

Always smells good when I've ridden by, but never actually gone in to eat. Next time!
2016 BMW R1200 GS

hawkvtx

Thanks for the good ride Klav. Let me know when you wanna get up a ride to Bellbuckle.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

Chuck A.

Quote from: hawkvtx on July 16, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
......Let me know when you wanna get up a ride to Bellbuckle.
Went by there today with a group of locals.... Just saying.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson