The perfect song, for the perfect bike on the perfect road, on the perfect day

Started by bblass, July 13, 2017, 08:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

The other day the sun was out, and as I was riding my cruiser down hwy 25 Jessica by the Allman Brothers came on the radio. It was the perfect song for the riding I was doing on a beautiful day - pure two wheeled bliss.

What are some of your favorite songs to listen to while riding? Is there one that makes you break traffic laws every time you hear it?
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

jrobinson

Rockin Down the Highway - Doobie Brothers
Roll Me Away - Bob Seger
Born Free  -  Kid Rock
Midnight Rider  -  Allman Brothers
Life is a Highway  -   Tom Cochrane
Backroad Song  -  Granger Smith
The Breeze  -  Lynyrd Skynyrd

Some aren't about riding, but are about the freedom of riding and the smells while riding.

norton73

Quote from: bblass on July 13, 2017, 08:29:23 AM
The other day the sun was out, and as I was riding my cruiser down hwy 25 Jessica by the Allman Brothers came on the radio. It was the perfect song for the riding I was doing on a beautiful day - pure two wheeled bliss.

What are some of your favorite songs to listen to while riding? Is there one that makes you break traffic laws every time you hear it?

It's the voices in my head that make me break traffic laws.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Mulley

Well, I break traffic laws Everytime I'm on a bike (or car for that matter).

However this particular song makes me twist the throttle a little further everytime.

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

bblass

The opening riff on Machinehead matches well with rising RPMs and gear changes.

Knights of Cydonia by Muse has the same effect on me. That song will come on and I'll be weaving through traffic doing 90 without even realizing it

IceCold4x4

Iron maidens run to the hills while blasting triple digits up the pig trail to cheahea will likely be the death of me.... Oh and the incessant beep of the sena when the volume won't go higher.

But when I'm by myself somewhere isolated I really love when ghost rider by rush comes on... It's the perfect head clearing relaxing music to heal the baby soul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

My favorite! It really celebrates everything that I love! Can't be beat hands down head bobbing throttle WFO!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

KevinB

bblass

Those roads look awesome! I'd never heard of TN 116 before but it looks like it's worth the trip

IceCold4x4

Quote from: bblass on July 20, 2017, 02:38:27 PM
Those roads look awesome! I'd never heard of TN 116 before but it looks like it's worth the trip

Lets go! i'm ready and willing whenever.

KevinB

Quote from: bblass on July 20, 2017, 02:38:27 PM
That one's nick-named "Devil's Triangle", runs near Frozen Head State Park past Brushy Mtn. Prison near Oliver Springs,  TN.

Chuck & Susan

I went out solo ridding that area a year or 2 ago. The intent was to run the triangle. I was enjoying TN-116 so much I just kept going till i found myself in some town near the Tn state line. I bought an old fashion PAPER MAP to plot a way back. Yes they still make maps in paper. They are cool too. You can choose your route without some garmin telling you where to go...

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Mulley

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

KevinB

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on July 20, 2017, 09:46:50 PM
I went out solo ridding that area a year or 2 ago. The intent was to run the triangle. I was enjoying TN-116 so much I just kept going till i found myself in some town near the Tn state line.

If you skipped the Hwy 330 leg, then you did the part of the Triangle that matters.  :)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/36.0749298,-84.460343/36.2044661,-84.3268591/36.1188719,-84.2329261/@36.122588,-84.4872595,11z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0