News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

My 2017 Bluesman Challenge

Started by Guidedawg, July 31, 2017, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

We have reached the last day of the month so I will post what I have.

1. Bluesman was 57 years old when he was called home. - Your bike and the number 57 or something symbolic of 57.

It may be a bit of cop-out, but both were planned in his honor, so I suppose it counts.

2. Bluesman Loved hamburgers - You and a hamburger

I wish I could have gotten out to Bush's grocery, but this will have to do.

3. Glenn tried to get him to eat more Salads - You and a salad

Yuck ;)

4. Bluesman rode a White Harley Sportster - your bike and a bike matching 2 of the 3 features of his bike, white, Harley, Sportster.

I did not do any riding with groups this month and even a drive by the Harley Dealership did not provide any outside that I noticed.

5. Bluesman was a member of CMA - Christian Motorcyclists Association - Your bike and a CMA member

I contacted his chapter early in the month, but no one had plans to be out and about.

6. Blue in name on sign.

The Wetumpka River and Blues Fest was held this month so I dropped by to get a pic 'neath the banner.

7. Bluesman last post in our Theme Tag - Your bike at old theater

8. Bluesman lived in the River Region - Bike at a river

The Coosa River flows behind Gold Star Park in Wetumpka

9. Bluesman was a Christian Man that enjoyed riding - Bike at a church

10. Wildcard - Anything in memorial to David "Bluesman" Fail

I've told the story of David waiting for me at a stop on a Poker Run benefitting a local Women's shelter.  I didn't recognize him, but he remembered me from a flash mob dinner we had in Montgomery.  We rode together for the remaining stops and then spent a few hours for the auction/benefit at this bar which was then under a different name.  Neither of us were drinking but we talked riding and it was an example of him going out of his way to make sure that someone felt welcomed.  It's the only time I've been in the establishment so I think of him when I drive past.

Johnny, thanks for the challenge and for honoring his memory.  To me, he represented all that was good about Bama Rides and that spirit continues today.

Nice Goat

Great job, but it's not over until you get the rest of them!  Don't give up!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Guidedawg

In that case, let me complete the challenge :)

I was riding in early August and stopped with friends at Peach Park when I saw some members of Christian Motorcyclist Association

They knew who Bluesman was and willingly posed by my bike for a tribute.

Finally, I dropped by my local HD Dealership and snapped a pic of a White Harley parked outside.

So it may be a few weeks past the deadline but the challenge and tribute is complete for this year.

Thanks for keeping it going!

Nice Goat

That's awesome.  I still need a photo with a CMA member to complete mine.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."