News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

SECCA race Pontotoc MS 9/26

Started by battlebuddy618, September 21, 2015, 02:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlebuddy618

I'm planning to make the drive to the SECCA race in MS this weekend.  Anyone want to join in on the fun? 

battlebuddy618

Still have an open spot in my truck if anyone wants to come join in on the fun.  If I can find my camera I'll take some video.  They have some obstacles in the grass track area of the course that should be pretty fun.  Big semi tires stacked up side by side to make a berm and some log crossings as well.  I'm going to eat shit! 

battlebuddy618

New back tire, New plastics, New graphics.  I try to fix a few little things as I go so that I don't have to do a ton of stuff at once.  So far the plan has worked nicely. 

Mulley

Man that is looking sharp.

Go 618, kick some ass.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

battlebuddy618

Had a good day.  First race I didn't drop the bike one time.  Heck it didn't hardly even get dirty.  Course was FAST and the dirt / sand it was on was unpredictable.  Not my forte but I still managed to do OK.  Funny thing about sand is that it sucks when you go slow but if you just commit and ride a bit faster it all comes together.  Had a few close call tho when I over tested this theory and the front end washed.  I am not able to commit to blasting over hills not knowing what is on the other side or around blind corners.  That may be the wall for me and what ultimately leads me back to rec riding or another hobby. Had a battle with another newb in the back of the pack today.  We changed up positions multiple times and we were pushing each other pretty far past our comfort zones.  It's crazy to me how capable the modern dirt bike is.  Ride it correctly and it can go so fast.  Pretty sure my poor KTM is half asleep most of the time. 

Ryanbroome

Congratulations on finishing another race. I hope to be able to run one with you soon.

RubyRider

I'm glad to see you out there racing and having a "GOOD TIME."
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!