News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Planning a New Ride - Cheaha

Started by dredman, September 26, 2017, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

Proposed routes and parking area attached below. It looks like alot but keep in mind 10 miles both ways is well maintained gravel you can make up some time on.

Here's a from some folks who did most of the route 5 years ago. It's in a little worse shape now but that's part of the fun!

https://awhiskeyontherocks.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/skyway-motorway-road-sections-1-2/
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

kylepeterson

you'll have a bunch of fun on that route, no matter which bike you take. there are some Geo trails along the way close by...

but the riding is just dandy by itself. I'm game for any/all playing in that area.
just give 'er the berries !

bblass

Gonna venture a guess that the smileys on your map are some of the more fun sections?

Fencejumper09

I would pack a lunch and stop for a picnic along the route! There are some great sitting rocks!!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrou111

Quote from: bblass on November 15, 2017, 08:33:34 AM
Gonna venture a guess that the smileys on your map are some of the more fun sections?

Geocaches!

Fencejumper09

That parking lot will get tight with more than a couple cars and trailers
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Yeah but if it's just a few of us it shouldn't be too bad. Worst case scenario we can drop at the big parking lot for the pinhoti trail a few miles down the road. IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME!

mojo1

These are from last year on the section from hwy 148 to 77 It was rough but fun
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

bblass

We're pushing back the cheaha ride and doing N Birmingham dual sporting instead tomorrow. I'm free till thanksgiving if anyone gets a wild hair though.