2018...........From a Customer's Perspective.

Started by klaviator, October 13, 2017, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merc16

I'm interested in the Kawasaki Z900RS and always the KTM Super Duke. I plan on upgrading my cold weather gear. As far as parts, upgrades for the suspension and brakes for the Z125, braided brake lines for the FZ-07 and you never know for the ZRX.
Justin

gulfcoaster

Quote from: merc16 on November 10, 2017, 05:30:47 PM
I'm interested in the Kawasaki Z900RS and always the KTM Super Duke. I plan on upgrading my cold weather gear. As far as parts, upgrades for the suspension and brakes for the Z125, braided brake lines for the FZ-07 and you never know for the ZRX.
+1 on the Super Duke. If I win the lotto or manage to double my salary this year it'll be a Super Duke GT. But in reality I'm hoping this is the year that I pull the trigger on a Beta. Tagged 2 stroke with oil injection! Just need to decide between the XTrainer or the 300RR.

Slede

I'm thinking this may be the year I buy my first bike, well my first new bike. just got to figure out what it is going to be  :thinking-022:
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

springer

New bike in 2018?
I will most likely not be buying a new bike as I got a new one in 2017.
Accessories in 2018?
For the Honda XR650L
A front and rear Tubeless system and new rims for the same with spokes.
Send the forks I have, a set off a Honda CR 450, off to Racetec for rebuilding to my weight. Then taking the stock triples off, press out the stem, install the stem and new bearings onto the new custom triples that I have bought.
New rear shock.
Send the engine off to Steve on ADVRider for rebuild along with the carburetor.
While everything is off, have the frame powder coated white cause I really do not like the silver frame.  :D
Buy new cables for everything, clutch, throttle n such.
Put it all back together and ride.  ;)
Harley Davidson XR1200.
Send the forks to Racetech for rebuilding to my weight and buy a new set of rear shock from them.
Put it all back together and ride.  ;)
The Harley Davidson Springer;
Most likely, sell it, as is. Not really into cruisers any more.

That is about it...wish me luck. Pretty sure I will also invent some new curse words on the rebuilds.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

Quote from: Slede on November 11, 2017, 07:34:29 AM
I'm thinking this may be the year I buy my first bike, well my first new bike. just got to figure out what it is going to be  :thinking-022:
So...got it figured out yet?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

DonJuan

I'll likely be purchasing a few items in 2018.

Tires for the KLR and Street Bob.
Farkles for the KDX and KLR:
KLR auxiliary lighting and new SWMOTECH crash bars (last ones met their demise but saved my right leg)
maybe LED lighting (and signals) added on KDX

I'm considering adding a sport bike / sport tourer to the family. Most likely something Green. Used or new is undecided at this time.

Potentially going to add heated gear and some safety items to my gear inventory.  Heated gloves and vest, some type of armor system, like Bohn or equivalent.

Need to replace a dual sport helmet, riding boots,  and add a dirt helmet and goggles.

I'm a DIY guy, so unless maintenance exceeds my skill level or tool box, I'll be taking care of it.

Don
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

maydaymike

Lots of tires, oil, and filters, and a few sets of brake pads.  A used crank assembly, new pistons and rings, and various seals and gaskets for my Honda Dream rebuild.  Maybe a new helmet.  The current one is nearly 4 years old... almost 100k miles in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185