Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Himalayan ride video

Started by klaviator, October 13, 2017, 07:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Looks like an interesting ride.

Brian A

If their purpose in creating the video was to spark interest, mission accomplished.

I have been checking out their website. The Himalayan ride looks very interesting.....

klaviator

It would make for one hell of a ride report :DANCING-banana-032:

dredman

Been wanting to ride Himalayas since I saw the FIRST documentary - "Top of the world" or something like that?  Looked like that Royal Enfield took them all the way across.

For £2,595, and I am betting I could buy a bike, outfit it, fuel it, and give it away before I left country?
Goat ball soup might be extra?  :drooling-2:

klaviator

A few years ago I read a ride report on ADV by some guys who rode the Himalayas on rented Royal Enfields.  It was an exciting ride report WHEN they were actually riding.  Most of the time it was more of a bike repair report. 

Gam

Yep, the road to Everest is now paved, right up to base camp. The tour buses have to stop a mile from base camp though.  Maybe they will put an escalator up the mountain with a gift shop at the top.

klaviator

The Himalayas are in more than one country.  I believe most of the roads in the Himalayas are India.  The highest pass is 18,406 ft.  Here's some interesting into:  http://www.dangerousroads.org/asia/india.html

I wonder how much power a Royal Enfield will have at that elevation?  More important, how much power will you have?

klaviator

This looks like a fun ride :DANCING-banana-032: :bike-038: :DANCING-banana-032:

klaviator

By the way, the name of the road in the pics above is:  Three Level Zig Zag road. 

Gam

Right at the end of the video are a couple of frames that show them at Khardung La pass, India.  No doubt after hypoxia set in, I would forget to drive on the left hand side of the road.

Mulley

Riding Bhutan is on my to do list. It will happen in the next few years. Hopefully before it's ruined by tourism and overcrowded streets like Nepal.

Bhutan is a beautiful country that hasn't been completely spoiled by modern societyv(western ways) yet. They just recently started letting outsiders in as tourists. It's very strict and you must be with an a registered tour guide. No hippie backpackers living on three fiddy a day.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

klaviator

The video at the beginning certainly looked spectacular and no doubt riding the Himalayas would be quite an experience.  What kind of experience?  Would it live up to the video? 

Someone did this tour and did a ride report on ADV.  It's worth checking out.  https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/himalayan-heights.1330148/