News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dirt skills building.

Started by IceCold4x4, October 17, 2017, 09:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

So we've got this area at work that's pretty much unused. We also have a pretty large stack of pallets / crates with more coming everyday. Was thinking about maybe setting up a trials / skill building area. Would anyone be interested in either helping coach some of the less skilled of us, or just goofing off one weekend. If there is some intrest I'm sure the security guard here won't care but I'll double check with them anyway as they've never given me any crap for riding around here like a hooligan in training. Dock heights range from  2.5 to 5.5 feet by a cursory inspection.

Kind of a dirt gymkhana if ya would, or cross training Enduro stuff for those of y'all that watch that YouTube channel.

Or if anyone know a better place I'm all ears. All I know for sure is that I need to know / learn more and that I'm not Graham Jarvis....  Yet.....

dredman

Great idea!
I want to be like Graham Jarvis? 
The only concern I would have is nails/staples (you did mention pallets)

If that is an issue there are LOTS of places to hold something like this.

Dirt gymkhana is a perfect phrase - low speed, control, dirt, throttle,brake, clutch control ( they used to call it Trials, something GJ is known for)

Any real-world stuff nearby?  Logs, rocks etc?

IceCold4x4

Maybe I'll do a quick lap around the premises and see what can be drug over. Brought the go pro today so I may do a short ride video to kind get an idea. The nail / staple issue hasn't bitten me yet however I know a guy with a really good magnet that could be used to gather up any that might pose a 6

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dredman

where is this and WHAT is it?

I am betting we would get a hard time from security?

Is there anything nearby that we could use in the event of a runnoft?

IceCold4x4

"security" here is a joke lol.

IceCold4x4

Ya

IceCold4x4

Location is in Avondale very close to cahaba brewery, so an after action beer / debriefing would be easy.... As in the same complex. I'll chat with the security tonight

dredman

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on October 17, 2017, 10:46:56 AM
Location is in Avondale very close to cahaba brewery, so an after action beer / debriefing would be easy.... As in the same complex.

You are making this impossible for me to say NO?

IceCold4x4

Haha.

IceCold4x4

Got plenty of stuff like this laying around plus some old tires somewhere.

Fencejumper09

I see some inclined and declined balanced beam maneuvers in our future!! :respect-048:
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

IceCold4x4

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on October 17, 2017, 04:16:44 PM
I see some inclined and declined balanced beam maneuvers in our future!! :respect-048:
With my Carpentry skills I'm sure we can incorporate off-camber into that really easily

Fencejumper09

With your carpentry "skills" I bet off camber is the only option!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT