News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

My two county ridee

Started by Freebooter, September 23, 2015, 08:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freebooter

Hello all,
Yesterday I rode from my home in Elmore County over into Autauga County to check out and photograph some historical places, Indian Village sites, an 1800s post office, etc. I even stopped and took a pic of a pretty cotton fielde shining in the morning sun.
That Cotton Mouth, about 2 ft long, nearly got me. I walked up to the edge of a dirt road to take pics of a swamp where an Indian Village used to be and its sudden movement caught my eye. When I looked down he opened his mouth to strike and I hopped back, then eased back up to take this pic.

springer

Snakes r dangerous.  :)

What roads did you take? Curvy ones I hope.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Freebooter

I road fr Millbrook in Elmore Co, to Prattville in Autauga Co on Hy 14, took a left on McQueen Smith Rd through Pville to Hy 31. That is what I was on when I rode over the Al River, turned around n back across, went through Cooters Pond, back onto Hy 31. Took a left on Hy 82 n went out about 10-12 miles to the Booth and that old church area. On a dirt road to that old church an Indian village spot. Then I took a road to Old Kingston. All the roads so far open highways with limited curves. But this one had some goid curves. At Old Kingston I hit Co Rd 40 all the way to Deatsville Highway in Elmore Co and followed it home to my neighborhood.

All roads mentioned except one were your average Highways or Co Roads. Only one road had some curves. But to each his own. I personally just like average roads without all the curves. I get into scenery and views. But that is me.