News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Random Moto Commentary Thread

Started by jrou111, September 10, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I'm sure they are Shinko 244s.  The Kenda 270s suck on pavement and cost more.

Nice Goat

Quote from: norton73 on July 12, 2016, 09:21:44 PM
Details man! i'm gonna need some tires for the BRP when I get around to setting it up.

Rocky Mountain ATV ... they have a warehouse in Kentucky.  I placed the order yesterday at 10:00am, they were on my doorstep this afternoon.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

LRobinson

Mojo1 is a tag playing machine! 

That is all!

Slede

Quote from: LRobinson on July 13, 2016, 06:37:25 PM
Mojo1 is a tag playing machine! 

That is all!

if he looks he's got a 2fer one this afternoon
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Nice Goat

New high viz adventure luggage...

Chitza

Nice Goat!! KevinB!! Help! My bike will never be clean again! But it won't be for a lack of trying.

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

KevinB

S100 works pretty well...I rarely hand wash my bike anymore.

Good luck!

Nice Goat

I rode 25 from Vincent to Leeds today ... perfect weather ... saw five (5) bikes total.   :'(

kdtrull

Quote from: Nice Goat on August 27, 2016, 03:01:38 PM
I rode 25 from Vincent to Leeds today ... perfect weather ... saw five (5) bikes total.   :'(

I rode the big TN dirt loop yesterday and didn't see a single bike of any kind for 288 miles...not totally surprised since it was a work day.  But I would expect to see somebody riding on the way up there and back.

Today, I rode about 120 miles of GPSKevin's TAT and only saw three cruisers.

Chitza

A day at the track and then come home for this. Awesome!

Slede

keep beggin folks to look out for you and others to pray for you if you want to but I'm gonna keep on driving the bike and watching all these shortbuses real close.

I was run off the road into a ditch last week coming home after visiting with my cousin at the funeral home, his dad passed. the irony was not lost on me at all.

no, I didn't crash, I rode that mutha into and out of the ditch like a champ and waited on mister "im in a hurry so fuck you" in the middle of the street. he/she declined to speak to me and reversed into a Tahoe, good enough, I got things to do.

Yall be carefull out there and take care and watch out for your own asses, you all matter to me.......
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Chitza

Rainy day football not a total waste...found this new sport!

Slede

i don't ride my dirtbike near as much as i used to, to the point that i put it up for sale every so often. but then i get it out, kick it once, ride around the yard and the sale add just disappears. i really enjoy that little play bike. it wheelies, jumps, stops, and crashes with a happyness all its own. i can sometimes feel her smiling at me when i get a little too reckless on her, she approves but knows my skill level isn't quite there yet so i need a spanking (those are a lot more forgiving than the ones the streetbike can give though so i'm good with it)

happyness is sweet asswhipping given as only a 2stroke can

hard drinkers, let's drink hard  8)

kdtrull

I've been riding some....since the cursed outage.  Then ,two weeks ago, it got real.  I got to ride my friend's motocross bike.  YZ250 with 290 topper....holy cow...not recommended for folks doubting the 3rd KLR they just got.  4th gear power wheelies...who ever heard of such mystical-ness.  It was fun.  We taught the flint trail a lesson or two.  It taught us a few things too....like you're 50 dude....chill out!  Fortune favors the downhill direction on a KLR.  Not so much on a 250.  I took the 650 but longed for my little XT. Maybe the orange mirage is the answer.  The YZ changed my perspective.  Some things I wish I'd learned years ago.  The flint creek trail is torn up enough for the thrill seekers....and unfamiliar to the old turds.  I'm surprised by how much it changed in a year or two.  The side-by-sides just tractor right up those craggy rocks....and I'm pretty sure they caused the craggy rocks.   650 downhill was not so bad.  Don't think I would have made it going up.  I have really fallen as a picture taker?  No more, I vow.  Raise hell and sling rocks, I say....not really...the YZ euphoria made me say it...that thing was fun.  Disclosure: flint creek almost made me eat sand....I cannot ride in sand...even on a small bike.

Chuck A.

Been wondering if you've been hiding under a rock. Missing in action?!
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson