News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Random Moto Commentary Thread

Started by jrou111, September 10, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Quote from: Chuck A. on January 26, 2017, 08:25:28 PM
Been wondering if you've been hiding under a rock. Missing in action?!

Same winter blues that got me down lsat year.  Same bipolar asshat disorder.  I'll be back with pictures soon.

Nice Goat

Quote from: kdtrull on January 26, 2017, 08:46:07 PM
Same winter blues that got me down lsat year.  Same bipolar asshat disorder.  I'll be back with pictures soon.

Sounds like somebody needs a weekend trip to Tellico ... maybe late March/early April?
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

Sounds like somebody needs a weekend trip to Tellico ... [/quote]

That's half of us here.........
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

Quote from: Nice Goat on January 26, 2017, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: kdtrull on January 26, 2017, 08:46:07 PM

Sounds like somebody needs a weekend trip to Tellico ... maybe late March/early April?

Will have to be April for me.  Another 6-week outage in February/March.

Slede

my dad had a patch made for me, there are no piles of them, just the one I have and one he has. I don't think he realized what a cool thing it was he done.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

KevinB

The joy of living in Jefferson County...

Went today and transferred the title and purchased the tag for the TE610 I bought a couple of weeks ago. MSRP in 2006 was $7199, and I paid considerably less considering it's an eleven year old dirt bike.

JeffCo's assessed value for taxation purposes?

$9,000  >:(

Edit: Figured out the problem. The clerk listed the correct info on the title app...just noticed on the registration that she listed it as a 2006 Mitsubishi 4x4 truck (with the correct Husky VIN). So trip #3 back to the courthouse on Monday....

norton73

What a difference 24 hours makes...
Loose nut holding the handlebars

kdtrull

Over the years, I think I've spent more money on various windshields than on the car I drive to work these days.

Summary food for thought:
There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

Chuck A.

I hope you didn't mind Ken but I was so impressed by your philosophy that I put your quote in my signature for all too remember these words of wisdom. :o
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

Quote from: Chuck A. on May 01, 2017, 09:51:16 PM
I hope you didn't mind Ken but I was so impressed by your philosophy that I put your quote in my signature for all too remember these words of wisdom. :o

Well...I'll be dog'd.  I was just mad at my new windshield.
Dang near got the shaken baby syndrome on the way home from Tellico this time.   ;D
My old head cain't take no more rattlin'.

Nice Goat

Quote from: kdtrull on May 02, 2017, 09:02:34 AM
...I was just mad at my new windshield...My old head cain't take no more rattlin'.

You have the MadStad, right?  I don't get any buffeting at all with mine.  What size shield do you have?  Did you get the support brackets?
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 02, 2017, 09:15:38 AM
You have the MadStad, right?  I don't get any buffeting at all with mine.  What size shield do you have?  Did you get the support brackets?

Yep, 18" with the extra brackets.  It's better than any of the others I've tried on the KLRs but it still irritates me at speeds over 50mph.  It's entirely possible that I'm overly critical about the issue but I'd honestly rather have no shield than tolerate the turbulence.  I keep fiddling with the tilt and height....maybe I'll find the right arrangement some day.

Chitza

Oh, Lawdy. What is this all about??

Just a rescue and possible future garage party for WaxVapor. That's all.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Slede

finally talked his mom into letting him go racing, got the bike ready that week, mad dash that morning when she finally caved in. remembered everything, he's pumped(and a little nervous). right before the flag drop she turns to me and says "anything happens to him and i'll set you on fire while you sleep motherfucker".  flag drops, kick start, drop hammer, first turn banging bars, second turn the guy with him squared it off, nothing dirty or even remotely unpolite really, just took the line away. nate hits the brake and washes the front end out. i watching him, smiling, she's cussing me for everything i'm worth and i see it, he tried to pick up the bike and let it go almost imediatly. i start that way. Nate"i put my hand down, look". looked like he had two wrists, one slightly behind the other. the picture is me holding his arm straight while he takes his helmet off.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

KevinB

^^^ I have that same t-shirt.  :)