News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

End of the Riding Season?

Started by klaviator, October 31, 2017, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

This morning I saw a post on FB about the riding season coming to an end. :thinking-022:

What?  This is Alabama.  Does anyone here actually put their motorcycle away for the winter :crazy:

OK.  I realize it does get cold here in the winter and I'm not planning any iron butt rides in January but there are still plenty of nice days to get out and ride.  I do typically ride less in the winter month's  but actually putting away my bikes would result in severe PMS.

So what is this "end of the riding season"?

catang5oh

Time to drain the gas and hook up the battery tender!

It seems to me that some folks don't think motorcycles are supposed to rode if they can't wear a t shirt and half helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

I personally don't have the right gear for real cold street riding, but this is the perfect time of year for off-road!!  :respect-048:
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Guidedawg

Mine may go for a few weeks at a time without riding, but not so many that I've considered draining fuel or storing it.  There are too many nice days or weeks in between.

IceCold4x4

I just got some new grip heaters in. I may not daily ride it as much but if it's above 35 in the morning I'll ride in.

catang5oh

No joke Al, my wife gave me one of those years ago for Xmas and between it and the heated grips/ gloves I have never seen a Day too cold to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gulfcoaster

If there is an end to riding season for me it's July/August. I rode more last winter than I did this summer.

buddymc

Quote from: gulfcoaster on October 31, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
If there is an end to riding season for me it's July/August. I rode more last winter than I did this summer.
Above 90 and below 40.  Same temps that I stop playing golf.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.

renchinrider

Seems my riding issues are the result of time/opportunity--not weather.  Cold (usually) won't slow me down, though I really think hard before venturing out in the cold when there's a high probability of rain!  My wife made me an awesome winter riding suit and bought me electric gloves--I used them and rode from the Virginia coast to Dallas, TX in January 2011!  I admit I was scared half to death when I hit a patch of hard-packed snow in Atlanta on my way home!

Now I'm prepping to head out for the "Last Ride of the Year" from Huntsville to the Stagecoach Cafe this December! :DANCING-banana-032:
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: renchinrider on October 31, 2017, 08:40:35 PM
Now I'm prepping to head out for the "Last Ride of the Year" from Huntsville to the Stagecoach Cafe this December! :DANCING-banana-032:

I sure hope to see you there. Let Susan and I know if you come down the day before. We can do dinner.

Or anyone else that might be coming down.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

maydaymike

No such thing as  bad motorcycling weather.  Only inappropriate clothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

LRobinson

No end of riding season.   Just transitions in clothing and bikes