News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Old tires

Started by IceCold4x4, October 30, 2017, 09:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

So after rebuilding my cheap diet bike (lol an oxymoron if there ever was one) I put a set of tires in that were brand new. Got a really good deal on them and they worked great when new, fast forward to 7 or 8 rides later and the lugs rounded off a bit and found out this weekend that they are 5 years old. Had zero traction it seemed this weekend, it had me questioning if the clutch was slipping it was so bad. True it was sloppy and everyone seemed to be having a bit of traction issues but it was down right scary on mine. So go ahead and check the date on those tires. Just kinda surprised me how quickly they went off as soon as the corners of the lugs rounded. Even on street tires I would have happily run 5 year old rubber knowing that it wasn't perfect but this was kinda crazy the amount they had lost.

The solution looks to be a Sedona mx907hp hybrid trials tire and a tubliss setup for the rear hopefully that will tame the lil 200 2 smoke monster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yamahamer

I tried a Sedona mx907hp a couple years ago and been running them ever since. Amazing tire, you're gonna love it!  :respect-048:

IceCold4x4

ya heard good things about them and the tubliss setup, supposed to be able to get away with 4 or 5 psi with that combo...