News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

How to Post a Picture

Started by scrappyjon, September 24, 2015, 07:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrappyjon

This first bit is from the app Tapatalk which is available on most smart phones today.

If you will be using your phone often to access this forum, I highly recommend downloading Tapatalk. It makes viewing and posting from your phone so much easier.

If you have questions about tapatalk and how to use it, just let me know and I will help you with it. 

scrappyjon

First thing you want to do is open the post that you want to put a picture on and click the "+" on the bottom left.

Then either click the camera to take a picture or click the second box to upload a picture from your phone.

Then choose the picture that you want.

Make sure that your settings are exactly like the ones on the bottom of this picture, for the easiest way to do this.

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

scrappyjon

Yep, I'm working on doing it from a web browser right now.

scrappyjon

Ok, This is how to post from a picture hosting website like Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) or flickr (https://www.flickr.com/) on your phone browser or computer browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.

I use flickr but they are all similar.

I will be using my computer to do this. The directions are very similar for your phone and pretty much all of the photo hosting sites have apps that you can download to your phone that make it easier to use.

First you will need to open an account with the site. If you use flickr, like in my case and you have a yahoo account, then you can sign in with that. Most of the other ones will let you sign in with either a google or facebook account.

Once you sign in, you can upload a photo from your computer or phone.

Upload.

That will take you to this screen.

Untitled

Click on "choose photos and videos" OR just drop your photo right there in the middle of the page.
If you clicked, then your next step will be to choose the photo you want from the file that it is stored in on your computer.

Untitled

After you have selected your photo it will bring you to this screen. You can choose to edit the pic or drop it in a categorized folder if you want to, but for the sake of this post I am going to just skip all of that.

For now, just click "upload 1 photo".
and then you will have successfully uploaded a photo to a hosting site.

Untitled

Now just click on the picture that you want to post.
Untitled

Click the share arrow in the bottom right. Then you can select how you want to share it. For Bamarides, you need to choose "BBCode" to get the URL.

Then select the size you want, in this case medium. The code will be highlighted so all you have to do is right click and then copy.

Untitled by

Untitled

Then paste the code onto your post

AND!

scrappyjon

Tapatalk is obviously a lot easier to post a picture than flickr but sometimes posting a pic from a browser can be super easy. 

In some cases all you have to do is right click on a picture you want on any website .

Select "copy image URL"

Paste it on the post

Highlight the link and click the little Mona Lisa

And you are done!

Feel free to test your picture posting skills here on this thread. I have alerts on for this thread if anyone has any questions, I will see them. So, feel free to ask.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

Excellent!
On Photobucket you can download the app then set up the app to back up your photos to the site automatically. I have mine setup to back up only when my phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network so none of my minutes/data is used. One other option I have setup is an auto delete of the picture on my phone after a successful backup. That saves storage space on my micro SD card. If I want the photo on my phone permanently, I download a copy of the photo from my hosting site, and mark it saved. That way the Photobucket app will not reload the photo to the site.
You also can resize your photos, adjust color/contrast, crop, change format (like change the photo from color to Black and White), make a slideshow, just about anything you want.

One thing I do want to say about any photo hosting site, you need to keep it organized. Otherwise all you photos wind up in 1 folder.

Example;
I have a folder titled Motorcycle Rides. In that folder I have other folders with titles like;
Ride to Smith Camp 6-15-2011
BR tag ride to Montgomery 5-18-2013
And so on.
The more pictures you take, the more important organization of the photos becomes.  :)

Also the photos you take to share need to be in a folder marked public. So they can be viewed on a forum like Bamarides.
All my ride photos are marked public, most of my family stuff is marked private. My family can view and download those photos because they have the password.
You can download photos on your photo hosting site to your computer, then back them up to your favorite storage device, CD, thumb drive, external SSD hard drive, or to a "cloud based" storage.

With the new "smart phones" the cameras take some pretty good photos.

It is easier than ever to get into photography as a hobby. Gone are the days of having to take your negatives/slides in to be processed and photos made. No need to find the space for a darkroom in your home to develop and print your pictures.

All you need is a digital camera/smart phone and a printer. (if you want prints)       
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

ColeX2

...I'll stick with posting from my phone.  All this "photo hosting site" business is complicated.  I thought that's what Facebook is for :)  Most of you guys have Facebook anyways.......even if you don't care to admit it!
Crap, I did this from the desktop, so noooo pics for me.

jrobinson

What size pics are you trying to attach?

Nice Goat

Here is a video on how to upload a picture to Photobucket and copy the link to BamaRides.  This video is for laptop/desktop users.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Argh Oh

What if you don't use a hosting site and go right from computer? My pics always show up small even when they're at the almost max file size. As you can tell, I'm pretty much clueless about computers. Did I miss another post about this question?

scrappyjon

Quote from: Argh Oh on September 28, 2015, 11:20:22 AM
What if you don't use a hosting site and go right from computer? My pics always show up small even when they're at the almost max file size. As you can tell, I'm pretty much clueless about computers. Did I miss another post about this question?

No, uploading directly to Bamarides was not discussed. As far as I know there is not much you can do to improve/change the quality/size when you upload it directly to a post. Have you tried using tapatalk? That would be a good option for you. You can even just send a pm to yourself with the photo embedded in the message using tapatalk (the first set of directions) and then get on a computer, open that message and use the directions from the "copy image URL post", the one with the rapid traffic picture (3rd set of directions). 

Argh Oh

If you left click on any of the images I've posted they enlarge on screen in the post. Is there a step I'm missing to get them to show on post at the enlarged size? I resized by pixel instead of file size in test section and same thing happens.  :-\