News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

ZRX1200R Exhaust

Started by DonJuan, August 19, 2018, 07:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonJuan

Why is there such a primal need to change exhaust on a sportbike? Suggestions for 2001ZRX? I really like the look of the old Muzzy full titanium megaphone exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

merc16

One that has gotten good reviews that is decently priced is the Black Widow brand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

DonJuan

Quote from: merc16 on August 19, 2018, 07:29:36 AM
One that has gotten good reviews that is decently priced is the Black Widow brand.

I've been looking at the Black Widow. I like them pretty well, but prefer the one piece look of the Kerker, Brock's, and older Muzzy.

There are some nice options on Webike, but I was shocked at how few options there are in the U.S. market from the normal manufacturers.

When I had my Zed 1100, I put a Scorpion slip-on on it. It sounded great, but no noticeable power gain. To be fair to the Scorpion, I didn't do any other mods to the bike.
(2000 ZRX1100, Circa 2007)

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

springer

For power gains, not just a noise increase, a better free flowing exhaust and a fuel injection remap and or Power Commander is needed.  That is an expensive way to increase HP too...
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

IceCold4x4

I love my kerker. It sounds absolutely wicked. Doesn't make the most power supposedly but the sound more than makes up for it. Not to mention they hold up very well in a crash. ( mine had been down before my stewardship)

But a full exhaust and pods with a rejet is probably worth almost 30 hp on the zrx they are very choked up from the factory.

IceCold4x4

Quote from: DonJuan on August 19, 2018, 08:09:03 PM
In this case, it'll be jetting changes and airbox mods. For the cost of a nice exhaust, I can pay 15% toward a new Ducati...

Get on the zrxoa so one had a used kerker for 600 or so a while back if memory serves correct.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

merc16

You could post in the Want to Buy section of the ZRXOA. Someone may have an exhaust they want to sell, just haven't posted it.

Justin