News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Key West Group Ride -- Postponed

Started by Chitza, November 28, 2017, 07:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

Stop at the ValuJet Memorial. You will never have another "bad" day.

We hit rush hour and a truck lost a load of shingles all on a Friday afternoon. We cut across toward the west coast and ran the backroads heading north.

JBMFT

Man I would love to go back but I already have a vacation planned for late February.  :'(

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: jrobinson on December 01, 2017, 06:10:52 PM
Stop at the ValuJet Memorial. You will never have another "bad" day.

That was a given going across the glades. It is right there on the side of the road.

Chitza, I like the Idea of Key West on Monday. 3rd day or kinda the way it was going. I didn't mean for it to sound grueling. It's very doable.  Do you have thoughts or plans on the return trip after Susan and I break off from the group?

But still looking for input from others that MIGHT be interested. Or has been here done that and can advise.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

Only tentative ideas on the return. I'm very flexible. Key West is my target.  After that, it's all gravy.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kryten

I'm very interested in this ride. I planned a ride like this once but unfortunately only made it about half way to Key West. I had a cousin riding with me who literally got butt hurt. In Tampa he pulled over and I thought he was stopping for gas. He quit on me. He rented a moving truck and we hauled the bikes back that way but that was a whole other adventure. I'll tell the story one night if I get to go on the trip.

I actually had plans to kayak in the Everglades and then we were going to kayak out to an island off the coast and camp for the night. Then we were going to Key West and back up the east coast. This trip takes almost the exact path I planned excluding the first day. We went through Mobile and then stayed close to the coast. It was very slow going but worth it.

One place you must go, you're passing right by it, is Ozello Trail. It's one of the few twisty curvy roads in Florida. It's a dead end but it only takes a few minutes to go in and back out again. When you get to the end it's absolutely beautiful. The picture at the top of my YouTube channel was taken there. http://www.youtube.com/kryten .

I'm not sure if I'm going to have a job in March (company just got bought) but if I do, I'm in.

Chitza

Woohoo! Great to see you back, Steve. Even better if you get to join the ride!

Chitza

Some thoughts I had:

If stopping to see the Manatees in Wakulla messes with the day 1 schedule, I can plan that for the return trip. Same goes for any of the other potential stops.

Chitza

Bump this ride. We have some new members who may want to join.

Chitza

We are TWO months out from this trip!!! If you're interested in joining, post up!

Chuck & Susan

WE are going!!! Can't wait...
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

springer

Okay, just put in my vacation request for the week. It will work out pretty good for me. I am off that first weekend anyway and the end of that week is the beginning of my normal 5 days off! I might just hangout in the Keys a few extra days. :)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

Quote from: springer on January 22, 2018, 11:07:26 AM
Okay, just put in my vacation request for the week. It will work out pretty good for me. I am off that first weekend anyway and the end of that week is the beginning of my normal 5 days off! I might just hangout in the Keys a few extra days. :)
AAaahh...back on hold. Got to wait n see if my vacation request is approved along with my working buddies vacation request is approved.
He put his in several months ago for the same week but I do have company age on him. So if they will allow just one of us off that week, it will be me...but I will have to turn it down.

Why?

Well he put his in because he will be marrying his new bride and going on their honeymoon.
I couldn't mess that up for him...or her.

So I am back on hold until we see what happens.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chuck & Susan

Hopefully it will all work out. 

Chuck & Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

springer

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on January 23, 2018, 06:21:19 AM
Hopefully it will all work out. 

Chuck & Susan
Nope, only 1 vacation per shift...oh well.

TFancher

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.